Sunday, December 30, 2007

(Mom)ents

Well, Tomorrow may or may not be the last working day in Russia until the 14th which is when I believe they reopen following their "Holiday." It seems they celebrate the New year just the same as us; however Christmas falls on January 7th for them. This has to do with how their calendar has changed over the years. Not ideal for us but kind of cool all the same. So, I will stay busy over the next few weeks getting things done around the house...among the chores: Christmas stuff has to come down...is this not the worst chore of the whole year? Does anyone out there agree with me? I mean how fun to get it all out and decorate but where is the fun in putting it all away?

All of our goodies from Christmas morning have found new homes and our dumpster is on the rebound. I was a bit worried we might have to make a trip to the dump but not so. And so we move on to more of the same...home projects..are we ever done? We went to The Home Depot yesterday...got new toilet seats (yee Haw!) ordered some carpeting for our family room...can you believe how expensive this stuff is? We also got some paint for the family room and we are going to paint it (I know, what a crazy thing to do with paint)...again! The green was doing nothing for me...so, we will go back to my "go to color of choice." Beige. The carpeting is a shade or two darker and with the blue couches, I will find some nice burnt orange accent pillows and such and we will hang all our Auburn paraphernalia in this room...I think. You can never be sure.

So, I just finished watching videos that families have posted on Youtube. I cry through them all and I long for the moment when it is me...The moment we get the call," you have a court date." The moment the judge says,"yes, she is your daughter, congratulations." The moment I hold her and she is MINE. The moment I leave the orphanage with her in my arms. The moment she takes her first steps on American soil. The moment I tuck her into her bed. Have you ever noticed the "mom" in moments?

My theme song this week is God of Wonders by Third Day. I am holding to the wonders of my Lord. The maker of Heaven and Earth; Who can deny He is the God of wonders? So, although I am not counting on it, I am still praying for a miracle...that we might hear news of a court date tomorrow. And if not, I will continue to pray that we would hear soon after they reopen two weeks from now. Two weeks is not such a long time. is it?


So, I will not worry about what I cannot control...tomorrow is 12/31, the eve of 2008...

"...But seek His kingdom, and these things will be given to you as well." Luke 12:31

He provides, ALL that we need...and all the moments in between. Happy New Year!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Lori!

It was great to get your comment on my blog. I'm so glad you found it! Now I can follow your journey as well! Boy, you have been waiting for a long time (I thought we had waited close to the longest!) I will continue to follow your blog. If you would like to email me privately, my email is: jmartin7100@mac.com

JennyM

Journey of Faith said...

You are neat!!
What do you say we go get our children?
OK?
Me, too!
Look out Sosnovoborsk- here we come!!
Happy 2008!
Deb