Tuesday, December 18, 2007

In His Time

Today we got an email from our agency and of course, there is an additional document needed. Russia would now like to have a background check from every state either of us has been a legal resident in for the last 10 years. Granted, we have only ever lived in Alabama and FL during that time but due to the fact that I have been finger printed 3 times, checked by the local and federal Government in addition to DCF, this news annoyed me. In fact that is putting it mildly.

But, we will do it...and we have. I did not want to hunt down the proper people in the state of AL so I opted for the federal fingerprint check. I went straight to Adam's office and picked him and his driver's license up...we proceeded directly to the Sheriff's office...did not pass go, certainly did not collect $200. We got fingerprinted and then I came home to fill out all the info and get that in the mail. When I get that back, I will have to mail it to WV where the FBI headquarters are and it will get apostilled there...it would be too easy if they would just forward it on for me*sigh* Then, it will be on it's way to Russia. Of course, all this after I just got 16 other docs apostilled including our lab reports and chest xrays which I am certain will have to be redone...they are only good for 3 months. And, we will redo it. Please be in prayer that these documents will not be held up, that they will not request any more. Today I just felt like every little document request is just one more delay and it separates me from my daughter just a little longer. Starting Monday, Our agency will be closed until the day after Christmas and then when they reopen, Russia will be closed. I feel this sense of urgency that all should be in it's place before then. It will not because there is no possibility of getting the FBI checks back and then in the mail again and to the Agency by Friday. All that being said, Please pray that I will remember that this is all in the Lord's hands...His plan is perfect and when it is time, she will be home.

It only takes a glance at my pictures and I know that she is worth all this...

1 comment:

Journey of Faith said...

God not only speaks to nature's storm around us, but also to the storm within our hearts-
"PEACE, BE STILL"
Praying for His peace to fill you completely.
Deb