Sunday, December 23, 2007

Good Times


Another busy weekend...Like it is December or something....We started off Friday night with a practice for Ruthie's gig on Sunday and then a birthday party right after. We woke up Saturday and spent the morning kind of being lazy around the house which inevitably results in the house being a mess. We went to see Alvin and the Chipmunks (cute movie) with a few friends and then raced home to get ready for Saturday night service. After that, we had a Christmas party to be at...had a great time! This morning we got up early and to church a little bit late???? I don't know why that happens...it is one of Lori's laws. I'm not a late person at all but if I have too much time to get things ready, I will be late. Ruthie got to sing a solo in the late service...she was so cute it was unreal and I was so proud...not sure why, she didn't get it from me:0)

After church, we came home and cleaned up for a bit. Then, I took Ruthie shopping at the Dollar Store so she could buy gifts. So cute, she had little cards she had made under the tree, each one had money in it. One of them had a $10 in it. I had a little talk with her about how nice it was to want to give and that instead of giving all her money away to the family maybe we could go to the store and she could pick something out for each person...So, we did and she was cute walking through the isles asking me, "Mommy, do you think Daddy would like this?" I'm thinking, "how could he not like a word search book from the Dollar Store?" How cute! Anyway, she did her shopping and tomorrow, I will get pics of her wrapping everything because she is outside playing with friends right now.

Backing up a few days, Ruthie was not around Friday after school and the boys were kind of quiet out in the living room. One at a time they would run into my office for tape or scissors. I went out to check on them and I see they are wrapping "presents" from around the house for everyone in the family. Flip says to me, "Mommy, this one is for you." I look and I had to hold in the laugh but I couldn't resist running for the camera. Please look closely at what is inside the package! Yes, that's right, it is a package of travel size toilet paper. I left them to it so I think we will find some amusing surprises under the tree this year. But how sweet! We are off for Santa this evening and then home for a family Christmas movie night...Good times!

1 comment:

Grandma Andie said...

Margaret and I were reading this together this morning. You should really be proud of Flip. We know that you can never have enough travel size toilet paper, especially when you are traveling!!
We hope we are on Flip's Christmas list!