Monday, December 10, 2007

It's Begining to Look alot Like Christmas

Well, we got the tree finished at about 11 PM on Friday night...so tired. It was fun though, it always is. The kids want to hang all of their ornaments and they all end up in one place...sometimes three or more to a branch so when they are done, I go and move them all around. Only one got broken this year, by me of all people and would you believe it was a new ball that I bought in Kras while we were there! SO glad we will be returning soon. I will just have to get a new one!!!
Everyone usually poops out long before the last ornament is on the tree so I end up finishing it by myself. This year, Ruthie hung with me to the bitter end. She is getting so BIG! I can hardly believe it is already eight years since she was born. Our tree looks beautiful this year...I am trying to picture it stuffed for four children next year, oh my goodness!

I ordered my picture ornaments on line this year and because we have pics of our girl, was able to order one for her also. That was pretty cool. I cried...surprise! They should be here this week and I can't wait to hang them up. I have all of the gifts for our parents bought, not wrapped; but I have not bought one thing, no not one for my children yet...YIKES! Is it really only two more weeks until Christmas?

The kids all had little Christmas shows this week...2 little songs each...literally ten minutes in and out but they were cute...especially Flip who really got into it this year and Rusty reminds me of Adam more each day...he had all the motions down for his songs but didn't want anyone to laugh at him so he was the ONLY one not doing them...but, he looked really cool just standing there:0) It's sad how early we become aware of the opinions of others. I hope I can find constructive ways of teaching my children not to care what others think but to be true to God and themselves.

Had our home study update Saturday afternoon. This went well and was actually kind of nice to sit and visit and tell her all about our trip and the baby. When she left we went to Adam's boss' house. They invited us for dinner to celebrate Ruthie's 8th birthday and she had a cake and cooked Ruthie's favorite foods. Her party is not until next weekend so this was nice for her. On Sunday, we ran from church to one of Adam's cousins houses to eat lunch and visit and then ran back to church...BUSY!

The most fun was Toys R US...every year we take the kids and wander the isles and they make their Christmas lists...Flip is so easy...cars this, cars that. Ruthie really looks at everything and picks carefully because she knows she will not get everything so after we're done, she ranks them. ( so her mother) Rusty, he wants everything and thinks it's no big deal because Santa makes it all and it doesn't cost him anything. I'm sure there are a few lessons that need to be learned there???? Who can dispute the magic of Santa? So, we are off and running toward Christmas, staying busy and trying to catch our breath. WOW, I really rambled and had no rhyme or reason to this post...oh well...I can't always be a poet.

I just know I am so thankful that we can celebrate the birth of our saviour...

3 comments:

Journey of Faith said...

Glad to see your weekend went so well! Thanks for sharing your joyous pics with us- they made me smile from the inside :)
6 weeks down- 6 weeks to go- today is "hump" day!!What a great day to pray!
Deb

Grandma Andie said...

I especially enjoyed Houser's picture. Looks like he truly had a wonderful time helping. Love to all,
Grandma Andie

GrandmaDale said...

I really enjoyed reading about your tree-trimming. The kids look so big...please give them my love!
GrandmaDale