Monday, December 17, 2007

8 YEARS

Wow, 8 years looks beautiful. This weekend was a busy time...I know, when are we NOT busy? Friday night we had our small group. Saturday morning we split up..Adam took the kids to a birthday party, I went to a baby shower...then we got back together for an annual Christmas party we hold with a few friends. We hurried out of there to get ready for Adam's office Christmas party. On Sunday, we went from Church to the roller rink where we celebrated 8 years of a blessing. And then it was divide and conquer, once again. I had to get some shopping done...went on a marathon spree that lasted from 4-midnight and I am proud to say that I finished up at Target this morning...I don't think I have ever gotten all my shopping done in less than 24 hours. Adam took the boys to his boss' house for a "thing" and my mom took Ruthie from the party back to church for her "thing." I'm tired...Not a good way to start the last week before Christmas...oh well.

On the adoption front, I got our next set of docs in the mail today to Tallahassee. My mother in law (thanks, Andy) gets them and drives into town to have them apostilled and then mails them back to me. This saves me about 3-5 business days of waiting...and at this point, I don't want to wait. ($603.00 on adoption related postage to date) I would like to have those docs to my FC before they shut the offices for Christmas (24-1) so that they can be on their way to Russia. Russia doesn't shut down until 1/1/08...so, if we can have our papers in for court before then, I hope that we will hear something pretty soon after they reopen in mid-January or, sooner:0) I am still holding out for a Christmas miracle.

Prayer requests are: 1) Smooth paperwork: getting it, shipping it, accepting it. 2) Quick court date 3) God's peace: the waiting is aweful.

1 comment:

Grandma Andie said...

Hey Lori, You can also thanks all our friends at The State Department. They recognize me when I come in, and I have met some amazing people there. One couple is also adopting from Russia, an downs syndrome child, who will join their own little girl who has Downs. I told them of your interest and education in special needs children...They have added you all to their prayer list, and it goes on and on. By the way the staff at the office loved your pictures, too!!
Andie