Thursday, December 27, 2007

Feeling the Breeze

Today I am wondering why no one has received a court date this week. Russia is still open for another 3 business days. Then, the closure that all adopting parents who are in the wait have dreaded. Two weeks of complete silence. I am trusting in my Lord for a miracle. It is most likely not the miracle I have floating in all the empty space between my ears but a miracle none the less. I am in prayer that several of our families that have already met their children will receive word of a court date before they close up for their holiday. I mean they need to have some things on the calendar when they reopen, right? Of course.


Of Course, just because I haven't heard doesn't mean that no families from Kras have received court dates or referrals. I mean it isn't in the rule book that every family that hears something has to notify me...I'm not sure why? Oh, that's right, there is no rule book for Russian adoption. Oh, and, I might not be the most important person for them to contact with their big news...can you imagine?


I have found that I am once again starting to feel the stress of this process. Will it ever end? Will I have everything done? Will there be enough money? You can see by the ticker at the top that we have been at this process quite some time. Most of you know that anyway. I am ready to be home. You know how home is where the heart is. Well, my heart has been in two places for over two years now and I am ready for it to once again be whole. I have so much to do around my house. Unfinished projects that I want checked off before Ellie comes home so that my focus can be where it should be. And the money...well, the cost of this process just keeps going up with each additional document request and delay. Papers expiring, additional time in country means additional nights in hotels and meals...etc, etc. and we are now looking at a fee schedule that is close to $7000 more than when we started the process. So, all that being said...


"Do you not know, Have you not heard? The Lord is the everlasting God, the creator of the ends of the earth. He will not grow tired or weary, and His understanding no one can fathom. He gives strength to the weary and increases the power of the weak. Even youths grow tired and weary, and young men stumble and fall; but those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint." Isaiah 40:31


And even as I was typing this, a miracle from the Lord: a woman from the DCF here in FL called to tell me that the woman who will write my CPS letter will contact me on Monday when she returns from her vacation. Praise God! Thank you Father! I am putting my hope in you and already feeling the breeze up here with the eagles.

1 comment:

Deb said...

What a beautiful post full of hope!
I know what you mean about having your heart in 2 places at once, you just don't feel whole. My husband doesn't quite understand that about me, he worries that I'm sad all the time. I'm not sad I just miss my child.

I am praying that you receive your court date very quickly. They are still working, they just signed 7 more certificates for accreditation on Christmas Eve! Maybe you'll sneak in and receive a date before they shut down!!