Wednesday, December 19, 2007

9 Blissful Years

Just wanted to take a moment to wish my husband Happy Anniversary! We have been married nine years today! I'm going to go ahead and brag on him...you may want to turn away because it might get a bit disgusting and sappy up in here!


I have known Adam for almost half of my life. I met him just after my 16th birthday at a pool where he was swimming in a meet at the time (it was a blind date set up by his aunt, Laura...thank you so much Laura, we have all this because of you:0) He walked up to me in a speedo, WITH a bald head I might add. There is something to be said for a swimmer's body, however, it makes you completely ignore the bald head!


Anyway, Long story short...we dated from there on...my first date led me through college to the alter with one man who is my best friend. He consistently puts my wants before his own. He does everything within his power to help me out with the kids and around the house and he shows me his love with all the little "things." All this is not to say that we are perfect, we are not. But, we are grounded in the Lord by Adam's spiritual leadership, and I am thankful that God saw fit to put him in my life...Happy Anniversary, Adam...I love you!

2 comments:

Kelli said...

Congrats to the two of you!

Grandma Andie said...

Happy Anniversary, you two.
We couldn't be happier for you. Treat each other well and have a great day! God really has amazing plans for your lives...It helps us all to understand all the twists and turns that lead us to a certain place. We love you both,
Mom and Dad