Thursday, January 31, 2008

OOOOF!

Funny story: We have a wagon that we pull behind the bike and the two boys ride in it...well, I decided that this afternoon we would ride over to my mom's house to pick up some stuff that I need for work...So, Ruthie on her bike with her helmet on and me on Adam's bike (he usually pulls the boys) with the boys in the wagon set off for my mom's...she lives about two miles from us. We come to a bridge that we have to ride over and I notice that the side walk narrows and on either side are pilings...so, because I am pulling about 80lbs uphill, I decide to get off to make sure we clear it...but once we clear it I get back on to ride down the hill. However, on the other side, the sidewalk narrows again but I am going too fast now and I have 80lbs pushing me down the hill...one of the wheels on the wagon gets caught on a piling and rips the wagon off the back of the bike and launches me forward. No one is harmed...the wagon is ruined and left for dead on the side of the road and we had to walk back to our house...only about 1/2 mile...good times.


In adoption news: The dates I proposed for a visit were shot down but my FC assures me that our facilitator will check with the in country staff as well as the orphanage director and he will give me the dates I can go visit. So, it may not be a convenient time for me to go, but they will allow me to go. The reason for this is that there are currently families in country and other families scheduled for court that will need the drivers to get them where they need to be...this is certainly understandable and I will expect the same when I go, so...how can I complain? (at least I will get to go.) And, if I go later in Feb. I may be able to carry over my agency's new license as well as my children's medicals...we'll see.


Also, the woman that traveled with us on our first trip has asked to go for a visit as well so I assume that they will schedule us at the same time and we will be able to share a room, driver's fees etc. We have already talked and we will likely meet in Atlanta and fly accross together as well. Yea!

No comments: