Wednesday, January 30, 2008

This Just In...

I wasn't expecting to hear anything from our agency until at least the middle of February regarding, well, anything. I was doing really good with this over the last few days. On Thursday, I had resigned myself to a March court date and in my mind began to hope for early March. I made a pact with myself not to email or call my FC until she emailed me first with some news. (I have a tendency to email her at least twice a week with questions) So yesterday, she emailed me at 5:05PM...I did not get it until 5:45 when I am sure she had already left her office....uuugh!


Basically this was the request for the additional docs they need for our file before it can be submitted for a court date. I am taking this as good news in that they are looking at our file! I am, however, holding myself in check as far as getting too excited. One of the things they are requesting is updated medicals on our children. Next to this line item, she wrote, "middle of March ok." I immediately began to wonder if she meant update them in the middle of March or it is ok for them to expire in the middle of March. If it means update them in the middle of March than I fear they do not anticipate us getting a court date prior to late March at the earliest. This is not the news I am hoping for but it will give me a time frame to work with and when I have my expectations set to a realistic time clock, I find I function much better in this process.


The other items needed are just copies of the home study agency's license for the periods when the original and both updates were completed, the new license (which is not yet in), and a power of attorney for the facilitator in Russia to act on our behalf with the court there. I can have all of this done today with the exception of the missing license but I am waiting for word from my FC regarding the timing of the medicals.


Update: My Fc says to wait on renewing the children's medicals until closer to March...these are good for 3 months so I am not happy with this news but I am going to deal with it. The Coordinator is not estimating on time frame for court dates...my FC says he has been leery of doing this recently...another not so good sign. So, I will get the docs in that I can now and I will wait on the medicals until mid to late Feb. if they expire in May and we still do not have our daughter home...someone will have to Baker Act me. lol.

I have asked if it would be permissible for me to go visit her in Mid-Feb. I am waiting to hear back on that. I do not know if we can swing it financially but if we can and I am allowed, I am going. Stay tuned...

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are such an encouragement to me. Hang in there. I know it's tough waiting on court dates! I hope you hear great news soon!

JennyM

Carey and Norman said...

Oh Lori,

I do hope this is positive news. Maybe your rep is just being guarded as to not give empty promises. I do hope you are able to return sooner as I know how hard the wait is.

Your post on Kevin was absolutely breathtaking. I too wish we could all believe as Kevin. All still babes in Christ. Thank you for sharing your story and thank you for your love of Christ!

Deb said...

Oh, I hope you're able to visit. Maybe you can take all your updates documents with you when you go.

Sorry to hear that it doesn't look promising for a March court date. But the fact that they are requesting paperwork is a good sign, I think. At least you won't have to rush around getting it done right before you travel.

Heather said...

I'm hoping and praying for you to be surprised by a date in February! God works in ways beyond our imaginings so let's pray for Him to work gloriously through this situation. Thanks for posting on my blog:)

Heather