Thursday, January 17, 2008

Update

WOOO HOO! Two more families got court dates in Kras. The date is 2/5 so we are now into February. This is really exciting news! One family is with our agency and the other family is not but it is significant that we heard about the 1/29 dates on Friday and the 2/5 dates just yesterday. It appears that the Russians are ready to move! This news came on the coat tails of an update from our agency:


All documents must be present and current in order to be submitted for court. I pray that our FBI clearances are in fact present and that we get our court date before our home study agency's license expires on 2/20. That means we would need the 2/12 or 2/19 dates. The license has not come in before the previous one expired the last two times we have had to update this document. I am currently waiting for news from the director as to whether or not we can obtain a letter that says the old license is valid until the new one arrives.


In addition, we found out that the CPS letter will no longer be required. (among other docs that don't really effect us) This is a praise because this letter has been extremely hard to get in FL. We did manage to find a woman who was diligently helping us get the letter together and I thank God for her spirit of kindness and for lifting the burden of this letter from the families chasing paper for court.


So, there are now possibly 2-4 families in front of us with our agency, depending on when all docs get where they are going and how the facilitators go about getting us submitted for court. So far, people have gotten court dates in the same order that they have traveled for trip one. I continue to rest in the Lord's timing of this process, to lift up my daughter for His protection and to ask for a speedy court date. Today is 8 weeks since I have seen my child. I pray that I can hold her in my arms again soon.

2 comments:

Carey and Norman said...

Lori,

This is wonderful news. I'm so glad to hear that Kras is moving and families are receiving court dates. We've not heard any news in Vlad, but I too am hoping that court dates will begin to be scheduled this week or next. It sounds like you will be able to travel in February. I know you are ready!!

Best wishes-

Carey

Ben & Melissa said...

Hi Lori,

My husband and I are also in Florida with America World. We're waiting on a referral right now, and hoping to hear news soon! It was encouraging to read your blog this morning, and just wanted to let you know that. Hope to hear news about your court date SOON!

Blessings,
Melissa

thenugentfamilyjourney.blogspot.com