Friday, January 11, 2008

A New Perspective

So, after my most recent post, I got an email from Adam's cousin (and mine:0) and she titled it, "A New Perspective." Nothing that she wrote was anything I had never thought to myself a hundred times but when it comes from someone else, it is uplifting in ways that talking to yourself just isn't! She made me cry and reflect (again) on all the wonderful things that I have learned during this process...the people I have come to know but have never met, my outlook on the world and it's priorities, my view of myself as a mother and a wife, my relationship with my husband and children and most importantly, my walk with the Lord. So, I wanted to share what Karen had to say. I pray that it will be uplifting to all my other PAPs out there...just waiting...


Hey Lori,

Okay, so I've been keeping up with your blog and how you have to wait and how I KNOW how miserable it is, etc. So, even though you didn't ask for it, I'm going to give you a new perspective.


*Maybe in two weeks baby will catch a winter cold and God doesn't want her to travel.


*Maybe in three weeks baby will get to go outside and build her very first snowman and God wants her to experience it.


*Maybe in four weeks Flip will do something so cute and special that God doesn't want you to miss because you're flying to Russia.


*Maybe in five weeks the weather conditions will not be safe to travel, so God wants to wait just a little bit longer to avoid putting you and baby in danger.


*Maybe baby has a very special friend who in six weeks will go to a new family and God wants the two of them to spend as much time together before they never see each other again.


*Maybe in seven weeks the Lord will be completely through preparing you, family and especially baby for the emotional transition.


Don't focus on the time. Focus on all the ways you and your little angel are being protected by His timing and be grateful that He would never do less than what is best for you or baby. You know that song ... "Sometimes I thank God for unanswered prayers." He may never show you the reason you're having to wait, but know that it's a PERFECT one.

9 comments:

Chris Goeppner said...

Wow, that was a great reminder of how God's timing is perfect. As much as I anticipate and pray for a quick court date, I am praying even harder for God's timing and His blessing. I've prayed all along our journey that He would receive all the honor and glory due to Him for miraculously uniting us with the perfect children for our family.
It is encouraging news about the AWAA family getting their court date in Kras today, isn't it?
Blessings,
Penny

Grandma Andie said...

Thanks for sharing this, Lori. I am getting "new perspectives" on so many things throughout your blogging. God has validated His promises throughout your entire journey. I have read your blog with awe and wonder at the strength He has provided you to tackle a most difficult task with the love and grace He provides. I've watched you exrend that grace to all the others you com in contact with, as you freely share your feelings, fears and doubts. I've read others' replies and blogs; those that are also going through waiting on His perfect timing, as they continue, like you, to carry out His plan for one of His littlest angels to find their forever families. He validates, once more, the need to be in concert with each other, sharing His grace, love and strength to accomplish His work, and to support each other throughout. AND He has provided the much maligned "internet" to be used for His purposes.
Also, He has shown us parents, those anxious, children of the fifties, that our fears for our "babies" living in this everchanging world, are best placed in His tender care. A wonderful song, Parents Prayer, exlains our generation's anxiety best: "Lord, all you have taught us, We have gladly passed on to them, But one thing we don't know, Is how to place them back in your arms again."
Thank you Lori, for not only sharing your beliefs, doubts, fears , and courage to follow His word, but for sharing, throughout your blog, Adam's journeys, as well. God again shows that His perfect will is done, as He always places the perfect person in our lives. As with Dean and me, you and Adam "found" each other and together are fulfilling His plans for you.
Reading Karen's response, once again reminds us that God is taking care of our "children", as He is taking care of Ellie. What beautiful people our "children" have become...as will their children. we must simply ask Him, again from Parent's Prayer:
"Now, in your tender care, Lord, be all that we cannot be. And help us to trust You, when we don't see You quickly meeting their needs. For You have provided, since the day You gave our children to us. But now, in your arms dear Jesus, The time has come for giving them up..."
Thank you Lori, for helping us know, through your own experiences, that putting our trust completely in God is what gets us through this "mean old world". All we have to do is look around, find His people, keep our hearts and eyes completely on Him.
Once again.. Love you Bunches
Andie

Deb said...

What great words of encouragement. I'm so glad you have a sensitve cousin.

Sheldon Family said...

Thanks for leaving such great encourgement on my blog. Your latest post already has me thinking what those days will be like as we leave Voronezh without her. It's easy to tell your head the right things but so hard to tell your heart what you long for.......Praying for you family to be complete very soon!
Melissa

Anonymous said...

WOW! Thanks so much for sharing this on your blog. You have no idea how much others of us out here needed to hear that too!

Carey and Norman said...

This has probably been one of my favorite posts to read during our long wait. Just putting our wait into perspective makes us understand a little better that God's timing is Perfect and we must trust in his plan. He knew from before time our wait would be hard, but he also knew it is a time for us to grow in our faith and learn to trust in him. No man can keep us from God's will for our lives.

Thank you so much for commenting on our blog as your blog has been so helpful for me during our wait!

God Bless!

Shane and Kathy Gebhardt said...

I was just directed to this post by Carey Vaughn (comment above). This post says it all! We met our son 5 and 1/2 months ago and we are still waiting to return on Trip # 2. This wait has been so difficult. Carey and I have been uplifting eachother through this process. Your post helps me in dealing with all of these emotions.

I will pray for your family as you wait as well. Hang in there. God is good and His will is perfect.

Kelli said...

Lori,

What size clothing is Ellie? I'm going to go through little girl clothes this week. Let me know what you need. =)

Kelli

Anonymous said...

Such a wonderful perspective. I really needed to hear that as well. Thanks for sharing!!

JennyM