Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Hills

So many ups and downs in this journey...it's hard to even say how I feel right now with out being repetitious. It just feels like we will never get to the end of this. The families that are immediately in front of us in the timeline have had requests for additional documents...not really additional but rather more original copies of the same old thing. One family that received a court date last week has had it postponed with no rescheduled date yet given because the judge apparently had other plans that day...(are they for real?) At this point I find myself laughing out loud as I load the washing machine, wash dishes and then burst into tears at the total idiocy of this whole process. I mean, really, how many copies of the same document does one country need? The MOE which is literally within minutes of the court is not sharing copies of documents...so, we have to run around and collect certified original copies of the documents...all of which takes more money and time. Then they have to be apostilled and mailed to Russia and translated, yes, again. (More time) Then, it gets resubmitted for court. You know, time really is money...all the while, more docs are expiring and needing to be updated, more fees are going up, the dollar is going down and we are going broke. And all I really want is to bring my little girl home.

This news seems to have happened on Friday or maybe Monday, while I was out of town with my kids. We had a wonderful time skiing in Vermont and it was nice to not really think about this whole situation for a while. The Kids really progressed this year and Flip was on the lift his third day on skis. They were really excited this year and it was cool to see how well they retained what they learned this year and how much better they got in just three days on the slopes. It went by so quickly and the ski clothes are now washed and packed away until next year when I pray we will be taking Ellie with us.


It seems illogical to think that that we would not have her home by this time next year and yet with constant set backs and delays, my mind can't help but entertain the possibility. I am tired of this race. Today, it has gotten the better of me.

8 comments:

Carey and Norman said...

Hi Lori,

I understand your frustration. I too thought we'd have news by now. When our time waiting hit four months, my patience seemed to be cut in half. I guess I expect every phone call to be "the One." Then, you have co-workers asking about our travel plans. I wish I had an update, but unfortunately all we can say is that we are still waiting! I so badly wanted to travel the week of Valentine's Day. Now, I'm worried we won't go in February. And even worse that we won't be home by Easter since it is in March this year. Sorry to go on and on, but I think there are many of us waiting that understand your feelings!!

You are in our thoughts and prayers!

Sherri said...

Lori,
Ecc. 4:9-12. PLease know I am holding you up in prayer today and she will come up this year and go to Vermont next year!!!!

Deb said...

Not sure what to say other than I'm sorry. They ask for so much it is ridiculous. But it will get done and you will bring Ellie home. Praying for you.

Journey of Faith said...

Sometimes, I'm beginning to learn, these setbacks come just to see if we are really leaning on God, or our own understanding.
I, too, was at my lowest with this news. But, after much prayer and determining that getting my focus off God was exactly what Satan wanted- I put my eyes wholly on Jesus. I just said- OK- I'm finally looking. I'd love you to WOW me, but whatever you do- I'm here now. Sorry for getting distracted.
Well- today we got our docs all done and in the mail- they should be in Kras by Sat- and we are already wow'ed- can't wait to see what else he has in store for us.

Perseverance builds faith- right?

Hoping to let this make me so focused on God that Satan speeds this journey along, hoping to get me too busy with a toddler in my house 24/7 to keep my focus on God- (Help hold me accountable here)-boy does he have another thing coming :)

Twirling in His Arms,
Debbie S

Chris Goeppner said...

I absolutely know how you feel! I am pretty worn out as well. I keep praying that the Lord would help me get to the end of this race so I can cross the finish line where our boys are waiting. I know it'll be soon but exactly when is of course up to Him.=) I'm so grateful for the opportunity given to us to at least try for a late February court date. We'll see what God wants to do. I'm praying it won't be much longer for you either. I know how much you miss your beautiful little girl.
Blessings,
Penny

Kelli said...

I can't imagine what you're going through right now Lori so I won't say "I understand", but please know that you are being prayed for and thought of. What a celebration it will be to welcome home your little girl! The Lord will reward your patience and her adoption will mean even that much more to you all because of how hard you have worked and how LONG you have waited. ~Kelli

Suz said...

It's ok to have days like that. You're only human.

Know you're not alone and have lots of people praying that things will begin to move more quickly and no more picky paperwork will be requested!

Anonymous said...

I've been following your blog from our Yahoo russia group and am praying for you! We aren't as far in the process(our dossier is being apostilled now), but it has helped make this process seem real to me by reading blogs of those ahead of us. Hang in there and know He is in control!