Monday, January 7, 2008

3 Ring Circus

In Ring #1: Home Depot called today and the installer doesn't like my tile...SHOCKER!!!! Neither do I, that's why I want the carpet over it. Well, what they really don't like are the grout lines, they are huge, in between nice, big, ugly Mexican tile that was laid poorly and has seen better days, I think. What they are saying is that the carpet will start to sink into the grout lines...and it makes sense when you think about it...the grout lines are like the grand canyon. So, they want to pull up the tile or lay thin set which will basically double the cost of laying the carpeting which seemed to me to be too much to begin with. That floor continues to plague me.


In Ring #2: The baseboard that was used in said room is not to be matched...soooo, we will have to put a piece of wood behind the baseboard we are going to use that is the closest we can find to matching...whatever!


In Ring #3: Our new Christmas tree will not fit into the hole that is the entrance to the attic..this is a problem because there is NO WHERE else for this tree to go. We do not have a garage, we have a leaky shed but uh, it leaks so, I cannot put my new pre-lit Christmas tree in it and really, I can't put anything in it; So, why is there? Although I can say all my Christmas stuff is down and packed, I cannot claim that it is all put away. I still have a tree in a very nice storage bag sitting in the middle of my living room...it's future is uncertain at this time.


Is anything around this house ever going to be easy? Probably not!


On a another note, we did go to the circus...last night. The kids had a really good time. My mom has been taking me every year since I was very young and now she treats the kids to it annually as well. They gorged on pretzels, snow cones, and cotton candy while seeing amazing feats of strength and wonder. Oh, and they got to stay up late on a school night. Jack Pot!

In adoption news...we will be getting back the Alabama background checks later this week and we will send those back to AL for apostille and then forward them on to the agency. They have not told us we will need these but they said we could do either the state check for every state we have lived in or the federal check...we are going to assume that Russia will ask for both at some point so we are doing both..."just in case" is a catch phrase in this house!


Also, I received two gifts this weekend for our girl...My mom takes us all skiing once a year...we started this about 3 years ago and so, as the kids grow they need new snow suits. She picked up the cutest little pink one for Els. (that's what I am calling her these days) Then, today in the mail, I got a bracelet that matches the one I have (Ruthie has one too)...this was from my mother in law...it is so small and I can't wait to put it on her. Both are already in the suit case and ready for Russia. (The current temperature in Kras is 0 Degrees F and it gets colder in Feb)


So, the wait continues...there are a lot of people getting referrals, traveling to meet their children and waiting on court dates. A lot of children are waiting to be brought home to their forever families. Our chat group has set aside today, the Russian Orthodox Christmas, to be in prayer for one another, our children, the officials and all the hands that guide our documents and this process. I pray that our Father will continue to grant favor upon us and that we will hear news soon.


Merry Christmas, Ellie!

2 comments:

Kelli said...

Lori,

Do you need girly clothes? I have a TON and Rob keeps egging me to give them away. We're not really sure about having a third child and what's to say that it would definately be a girl anyway. Let me know what sizes you need and I can hook you up with some pretty cute outfits. :)
Kelli

Journey of Faith said...

Lori,
Tim said to put thin set on the tile and valentines on the tree. :)