Thursday, January 10, 2008

Voice Of Truth

What is it about six weeks? Doesn't it seem like everything is six weeks? "How long will take?" "oh, I'd say about six weeks." Report cards: 6weeks, healing: 6 weeks, government forms: 6 weeks.

Today is 6 weeks since I last saw my daughter. Although it seems like a very long time going in, it has really gone by somewhat quickly. The holidays and projects around the house have helped the days go by a little quicker. I can't say I'd like to go through another 6 weeks but it's possible we will.


Yesterday, I was emailing back and forth with my FC...I do this a lot, I am sure I drive her nuts but I am not sure I can help myself...I just need to ask things. Anyway, she is in a tough position. She can't really say, "I think you will get your court date_______." She tries to prepare me for the wait by reminding me that there are families in our agency that traveled before us and still have not received court dates. I don't really want to hear this. I like to keep in mind that maybe these families are not "paper ready." Most of them are, I know that and I genuinely want them to get their court dates as well. So, then I go to the thought that a second judge is supposed to be coming on in the next week or so and that will help to get the court dates moving a little quicker. And then I realize the truth: My Father in heaven knows when we will get our court date. My human, controlling brain continues to try to rationalize it's way through this process and it can't. My FC doesn't know and neither do I. I cannot say that I will not continue to watch the boards for news that other families have gotten court dates, I will.


I will continue to lift my requests up to my Father, to rejoice in the work He has done and thank Him for all that He is about to do. His is the voice of truth, none other.


3 comments:

Deb said...

It's so hard to let these things go. To let God really take control of it all.
Just remember in those 6 weeks Russia was closed for 2 of them.

Carey and Norman said...

Lori,

Thanks for the comment. I just love having a blog to meet new friends who are also adopting. You will be added to mine today and I will try to look back on your journey in the next week especially your travels in Nov/Dec. I see your sidebar shows Kras. We are good friends with Becky/Keith who were going to Kras until recently. Thanks again for the comment and I look forward to following your journey back to Russia too!

Carey

Carey and Norman said...

I've enjoyed reading your posts and have gone back to your travels in Nov/Dec to read about your visits with your daughter. I loved your photos of your feet and her sweet little hands. How precious. She looks so adorable and her little hands have that baby fold I love so dear.

I pray that you receive news soon too! Our wait is approaching four months and I am so anxious to receive a "Call." I run to the phone at work. My parents call each morning and afternoon to check to see if I've gotten a call. I check certain blogs on the hour for news. I've officially lost it! Ha!

Have a great weekend. Thanks for the prayers. You and your family have been added to our prayer list!