Tuesday, November 6, 2007

Yes Sir, that's my baby!

On Sunday evening I sat down to read my email and came across some interesting information in the group chat. I decided I would email Christi just to get a few answers so I could be prepared in the event that I needed to be. I won't go into any of the specifics because it all has to do with paperwork but I mention it only to say that I was not surprised that she called at 9:44 AM on Monday, November 5, 2007. It seemed to me she had maybe called to answer some of my questions. But, she started the conversation (after a few common greetings) with, "is Adam with you?" Apparently he was not answering his phone at work because he did not recognise her phone number. Caller id is not always a good thing! When she asked this I realized the moment had come. "Do you have our referral?" "yes, I do!"

The rest of the conversation was just a matter of me calling Adam from our other line and telling him to "pick up your phone!" and then a "congratulations, now go open your email" from Christi. When she disconnected, I had to call Adam back and of course, the phone did that hang up thing where you keep hanging up but you can't get the dial tone back for about 30 seconds which felt like 5 minutes...all the while I am refreshing my email page and the email is NOT coming up fast enough for me! Plus, I had to go to the bathroom!

I got Adam back on the phone and I am running from the bathroom yelling,"don't open it without me!" But, in the silence, I hear a giggle and I know, "you opened it!" And he says,"hurry up and scroll down and there at the bottom of a lengthy email are the pictures of our daughter. The little girl I have carried in my heart for over two years and she is beautiful.

Here's what you said:

*Congratulations!!! Is there a way to e-mail a bigger picture of her? I am super excited for you guys!! God is good. Sarah *Wow, this is wonderful, congratulations to all of you as I am sure that the kids are just as excited with the news. What is the next step and how long do you have to wait to actually pick her up? Love to all, Aunt Becky *Congrats!!! I would prefer a bigger picture of the beautiful baby and less of mom and dad in the next blog. Mike S. *Yeah!!!! We need a bigger picture though! We can't quite see her! So excited for you! Michelle *Pretty exciting. I am really happy for you guys. Jeremy P. *Congratulations! So I take it from the timeline there are a few formalities that you have to go through and then you can bring your new addition home? Feel free to correct me if I'm way off on what's going on here. We are really excited for you guys. Joe S. *Absolutely wonderful!Frank and I are so happy for you! But I was left hanging....after: she's beautiful. Is there more???? Love, Lourdes *Oh my gosh!!!! Andy just called. I am so excited I can hardly stand it. I know you must be in a state!!. She is beautiful...and blonde. WOW!! Hurry an update that "Referral TBA". There's a date now. I absolutely LOVE your blog. I can't get the pictures at work, but they come through here (go figure). Andy said her name is Viktoria....Elisabeth Viktoria (?) Ellie!!! I can't wait to see more pictures. CONGRATULATIONS!! Love, Margaret *WOW!! THAT'S AWESOME! I am so happy for you! Congratulations!! Tera E. *I am so excited for you!!! I need a better picture to see that BEAUTIFUL FACE!! Marie S. *Praise the Lord, and congratulations! Give Adam our best too. Terry PS-Could you beat Georgia for us this weekend? *lori, thanks for this email. congratulations! how old is she? Kara*Congrat's I am very happy for you. Randy*She is "wonderfully made"! How old is she? How long before she becomes an Auburn- Nole fan? Jill Y. *YIPPIE!!!! I can tell everyone now!!! She is sooooo beautiful. I’m so thrilled and happy for you and your family! My Mom and Aunt are going to cry too! Love you guys! Darcie*I go to this website once a week if not more. I have said a prayer each time for your family before I sign out. Today I will Thank our Heavenly Father that his timing is perfect, and your daughter is so beautiful. Thank you for sharing your life with me. Meg D.*OH MY GOSH! OH MY GOSH!! OH MY GOSH!!! GOD IS SO GOOD! What's next? Send a better copy of my newest neice. And kiss the rest of the crew for me!*Lori, I am not sure how to relate the excitement through email, but I am so happy for you guys!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!I spoke with Adam on the phone a little while ago and he filled me in. I am so thrilled for all the Jergers, especially the newest addition! The patience and perseverance you guys have shown has made a deep impression on me and my family, and many others as well. I have been praising God all afternoon now, and will continue to pray for the upcoming travel. If there is *anything* we can do (big or small), please don't hesitate to ask. I can't imagine how great you guys must feel! Again CONGRATULATIONS! His, Brian *Awesome news!!! I’m so excited for you and can’t wait to hold that precious little girl in the nursery. Congrats, congrats, congrats!!!! Tammie A *Yes! We are sooo excited for you! Congratulations with Love, The Foerster Family*I am so excited for you all! I have tears pooling upin my eyes. Congratulations!!! Anna *CONGRATULATIONS!!!!! Any links to her photos???? We are so happy for you all! Tonya D. *Congrats!!!! We are so happy for you!!!!! Please bring her picture to WOF we would love to see her : ) Anita L *Praise GOD! I am so happy for you guys. Where is a bigger picture of her? I can't blow up the picture of you and Adam holding her picture enough to get a good look at Ellie! Post or email me a picture please. When do you head to Russia? In the meantime, I am praying everything goes smoothly, Jen. *This is wonderful news, thanks for sharing! Sally D. *Congratulations, God bless you and your wife. Edwin C. *Wow!!! I am so happy for you and your family!! Congratulations…. and yes, next time I see you I would LOVE to see a picture of Viktoria! Janice *That is wonderful news! Congratulations! God bless you and your family! Susan D. *Adam, this is wonderful news, I will pray everything will continue to go well for you and our family. Diane C. *Congratulations! May this bundle of joy be a blessing to your family Lynn P. *CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! THANKS TO YOU GOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I love her name. Viktoria like me, Victoria. *YAYAYAYAY!!!! Christi *Congratulations Jerger family!!! We hope you get to travel and meet her soon! –Carine *Congratulations!! Tricia *What a blessing, I am very happy for you and your wife! Hopefully we get to meet her before Christmas Sandra R. *That is awesome dude. I am excited for you guys. I will continue to keep it in our prayers. J-Dog *Praise God! Congrats. Chad R. *Adam… I can’t believe this is finally happening!!! J I am so happy for you… I like the name Viktoria, do you think you’ll keep it? I would LOVE to see a picture… Kelley *Jerger – No doubt, God has answered everyone’s prayers for this miracle and I am glad she is becoming a member of such a great family. I will continue to pray for your safe travel and a speedy return with Viktoria. Congrats! Sanchez *Amen!!!! Dafinka *Congratulations!!!!!!!!! I’m so pleased for you, but of course we will continue to pray for you and your family. I’ll have to see the photos soon. Mandi.*CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!! Our prayers will be with you on your travels and always. *This is a beautiful and rewarding commitment. All the best, Tony *Congrats Lori! I'm so excited for you. Chris and I were at that very same orphanage 1 week ago. She's in great hands. The orphanage is the largest in Russia and the children that we saw there were happy and healthy. They loved their nannies and their nannies loved them. If you have any questions about travel, feel free to ask. Blessings, Penny Mom-to-be of 2 boys in Kras *Congratulations Adam–a better family couldn’t adopt her. I bet Lori is ecstatic. So amazing to see prayers answered right before our eyes! Hallelujah! Can’t wait to see the photos. What a beautiful name. Anna L. *Hang on tight- all this waiting has just been the click, click, click of the car you're on reaching the top of the first hill- you're tetering at the top, ready for the rollercoaster ride to really begin:) Don't forget to throw your hands up in the air and enjoy the ride :) We are sooooo excited for you! Tim and Debbie *yeah!!!! I am so excited for you guys!!! XOXO Suzannah W. *Lori, that made my day. Thank you so much for sharing, I’m soooo excited for you guys. May the time you spend anxiously waiting for her arrival be totally blessed; as I’m sure you will be once she finally arrives! Linaea *We are so happy for you!!! Congratulations!!! Love, Sherry, Mitch and the Boys*God Bless you ALL. Can't wait for the next E mail chapter to come. Diane N. *Hi Lori, This is Nicole Schuenke. Our girls had dance class together a few years ago at Suncoast (Ally and Rachel danced, Sarah ran around the lobby). Anyway, I received an email tonight from my friend Heather and I saw your name as being one of the people she sent it to also. I asked Heather if you were Ruthie's mom and if you guys had been successful with your adoption. She sent me your blog...CONGRATULATIONS! I'm so excited for your family. May God bless each and every aspect of your adoption process. I'll keep checking your blog for updates. Blessings, Nicole *SOOOOOO thrilled for you guys. I enjoyed reading it. Can't wait to see her picture. Love, Dana *Oh my gosh Congratulations! So when do you travel? Do you need anything??? Let me know! Cristy *Congratulations! !! What wonderful and exciting news!! Sherri A.*WOW! Congratz!! What a wonderful account of how it happened. WooHoo!!! Debbie from the blog*Hooray!! Will you keep the name Viktoria? Laura P. *CONGRATS Adam and Lori!!!!! She is beautiful. Can you post some close-ups of her so we can get a better picture? We're so happy for you and we'll continue to pray for you guys as you await to have her in your arms. Kelly B. *this is awesome news. Congratulations to your whole family. And what a wonderful home Viktoria will be coming home to. Dar *PTL! You are all in my prayers. Tracey H. *CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!! I am so happy for you!!!! You have waited so long and I bet it all feels worth it today. *Lori, Congratulations!!! I remember that feeling well! What sweet memories it brings back. May your new daughter arrive home as quickly as possible. Many blessings, Mary *YEAAAAAA~ I'm so happy for you! Tam

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yahoo!!! We are so excited!! We Love you all bunches!!

Brian & Michelle said...

Congratulations!!!

Anonymous said...

Absolutely wonderful!
Frank and I are so happy for you!
But I was left hanging....after: she's beautiful. Is there more????

Love,
Lourdes

Margaret said...

GREAT..SUPER..FANTASTIC..WOW..
CONGRATULATIONS!!!

Anonymous said...

I go to this website once a week if not more. I have said a prayer each time for your family before I sign out. Today I will Thank our Heavenly Father that his timing is perfect, and your daughter is so beautiful. Thank you for sharing your life with me.

Anonymous said...

OH MY GOSH! OH MY GOSH!! OH MY GOSH!!! GOD IS SO GOOD! What's next? Send a better copy of my newest neice. And kiss the rest of the crew for me!

Unknown said...

Praise GOD! I am so happy for you guys. Where is a bigger picture of her? I can't blow up the picture of you and Adam holding her picture enough to get a good look at Ellie! Post or email me a picture please. When do you head to Russia? In the meantime, I am praying everything goes smoothly, Jen.

Journey of Faith said...

Hang on tight- all this waiting has just been the click, click, click of the car you're on reaching the top of the first hill- you're tetering at the top, ready for the rollercoaster ride to really begin:) Don't forget to throw your hands up in the air and enjoy the ride :) We are sooooo excited for you!
Tim and Debbie

Anonymous said...

We are so happy for you!!! Cogratulations!!!
Love,
Sherrry, Mitch and the Boys

Deb said...

WOW!!!! Congratz!! What a wonderful account of how it happened. WooHoo!!!!!!

Suz said...

This is such awesome news and I love the way you gave a play by play of how it happened! I love the details :O)

Can't wait to follow along as you go to meet your daughter!

What is her name and how old is she? I'm just curious!

Suz said...

Lori, I've looked and looked and can't find an e-mail link for you. You can e-mail me at susieyarb at yahoo dot com.

And no icky feelings at all!! Your V is precious and I immediately wondered if she was a V too!! Just by looking at the teeny tiny picture of the picture!! I got a blump in my tummy when I looked at her! She resembles our sweet V!

kate said...

OOORAH! What wonderful, WONDERFUL news! How soon are you leaving to meet your beautiful girl?

kate said...

ps If you're coming via St. P, let me know...

Kelli said...

CONGRATS Adam and Lori!!!!! She is beautiful. Can you post some closeups of her so we can get a better picture? We're so happy for you and we'll continue to pray for you guys as you await to have her in your arms.