Saturday, November 3, 2007

Apples of My Eye

We had a fun filled day...We got up a little later than usual because we had a family slumber party which is something that Adam made up and it basically goes like this...the kids bring their sleeping bags out into the family room and they lay down (in theory) and Adam and I each take a couch or, if I get my way, he sits behind me and rubs my shoulders:0) We pick a movie...Last night it was Dr. Doolittle. Rusty asks questions through the whole movie, Flip does somersaults and sings, Ruthie lays there and tries to watch the movie (can you believe it?) and we sit there and say, "be quiet." It's great Fun!

So, we woke a little later than usual (8:00 instead of 6:00) That was nice and Ruthie had a private lesson at the gym. So after that, I took her to a little place where you can paint pottery for some "girl time." She painted a frog and I painted ornaments for the kids which I like to do every year so they will have ornaments to start their own trees some day. Adam got to stay home and paint the family room (yeah!) The boys played outside which was nice because our weather is finally taking a turn!

Then, we made CANDIED APPLES! The kids went through their Halloween stashes and each picked something to roll their apples in. Butterfinger, peanut butter cups, nerds. Yes, nerds but they were pink so you can guess who's apple that is! I made one for Adam rolled in Whoppers which he loves when he remembers they exist. (smile) This was fun because they chopped their own candy, rolled their own apples and I did not screw up the caramel...and it was just another little first for me to file away in my memory!



Now, the kids and I are going for a walk while Adam finishes painting...yes he is still painting and it has nothing to with the 15 minute breaks he takes every 15 minutes to watch football. After that, I am going to come home and make some spaghetti...from the jar. And I must say, it has been a nice weekend, at home with my family and not running here, there and everywhere...just home, with my apples.

1 comment:

kate said...

sounds like a great way to use up that candy stash!