Thursday, November 15, 2007

Airborn

We finalized our Itinerary today (post on the side board) and I have to say that even for a fast paced vacationer like myself, we are going to be going nonstop for 7 full days. We leave on the 27th and with the time difference, we land on the 28th. It is 10 hours and 40 minutes going over the Atlantic and 11 hours and 55 minutes coming back. Yippee! I will be fine, give me a good book and I can sit and read it cover to cover (or sleep). Adam on the other hand will be miserable. Which will inevitably make me miserable. So, pray for us.

We lay over in Moscow for about 10 hours during which we will go to a hotel that will (we are told) cost about $250 to take a nap which I am sure we will need and a shower which I am POSITIVE we will need. Then it is back to the airport to fly to Kras where our girl is. This flight is about 4 1/2-5 hours and with time difference between Moscow and Kras we will be landing in the early morning of the 29th. I understand that we will be taken to the hotel we will be staying in and allowed to clean up for a few hours before we go to either the orphanage or the Ministry of education. At this appointment, they will ask a few questions and we will officially accept the referral in Russia. And , I pray to God, they will remove her from the national registry of eligible children.

If we haven't already been, we will go to the baby home and visit for a few hours. We will be permitted to ask more questions and see more pictures of her. Then we will return back to the hotel which is about an 1 1/2 hour drive back to the city. We will eat dinner, go to bed and get to visit with her again the next day and likely see some of the city our little girl was born in. Who knows, I may pass her birth mother on the street.

We get up early the following morning to catch a flight back to Moscow where we land at 7:55 Am and we will spend two full days touring there. We will be back on the 3rd jet lagged and ready to chase more paper...Yippeeeeee!

All of this will take place just two days after we return from Disney Boot camp...Whew!

I hope to be able to blog while we are there but if not, I will definately be journaling and I will post when we get back:0) Keep praying for safe travels and smooth paperchasing! I have some out there right now I am still hoping to get back before we leave so I can take them with me!!!!


Gotta go pack for our "magical" time!

5 comments:

Journey of Faith said...

Adam, have fun at "boot camp" and then, jet lag to enjoy the short time with your daughter. Debbie and I wish we would be traveling with you. Tim

Chris Goeppner said...

Hey Lori,
Your trip itinerary sounds pretty much like ours. Even though the $250 ($300 for us) nap is pricey - it's worth it! It's a very nice hotel and you'll enjoy being able to rest and shower before you hop on your next flight. I don't know how tall you guys are but if you're 5' 8" or over, plan on having a very uncomfortable flight. Aeroflot is not known for it's comfortable seats. Try to get isle seats if you can, even if it means you getting split up. The Kras "airport" is an experience you'll never forget. Don't be afraid to push yourself ahead of the line while waiting to board on your return flight, the Russians will and you'll be stuck out in below 0 temps if you don't! Cram yourself into the bus, don't wait for the next one. Listen for "Moskva" on the speakers and follow the crowd. Like I said, it's an experience you'll never forget!=) We didn't have the opportunity to explore Moscow on our first trip so we hope to be able to see it during our second trip. Have fun! Maybe you'll see our boys while you're in Sosnovoborsk, they're the cutest boys there!;) If you have any questions or concerns about your trip, feel free to ask. My e-mail is on our blog.
Blessings,
Penny

Kelli said...

You've got quite the itinerary girly! We'll be praying for your safe travel.

Journey of Faith said...

Hey, thanks for taking Mishka to our son. When I told Tim you said you'd take what ever, he asked how much room you had? We were wondering if you could fit us in your luggage? hehe- only partly kidding.......
Have a safe trip- we'll be thinking about and praying for you while you are over there. Be sure to try some Pelmeni- Russian dumplings- they are yummy!!
Debbie

Deb said...

The nap sounds priceless at that point.
What a whirlwind trip of a lifetime. I'll keep you in my prayers.