Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Moscow

We made it to Moscow. After losing our hydrolics on the way to Atlanta and having to have an emergency landing, we made it to a hotel here for about a 6 hour layover. We leave for the airport again in 10 minutes but I thought I would take the chance and blog for a moment. The flight over the Atlantic was mostly uneventful. We landed and our driver was right where he was supposed to be. We found out that another family is traveling with us but they are from a different agency. They also have a little girl in the same baby home as our little one. It is nice to have some Americans to talk to. This is also their second adoption from Kras so that is pretty cool also!


We had a very expensive, very yucky lunch in the hotel here...the Russian attempt at Mexican food leaves a little to be desired:0) Then, we went up to the room and crashed for about three hours. A shower has never been so nice. All of our luggage is still with us and we will see if it makes it to the final destination. We are fine, everything is going as planned and we will update as often as we can!!!!!

10 comments:

Kelli said...

Lori,
Our prayers are with you both as you are in Russia. I'm sure you have every type of emotion surging through your bodies right now, mostly exhaustion and anxiety to see your precious baby girl. I think about you guys often and please take lots of pictures to come back and share with your fellow MOPS moms! We miss you! :)
Kelli

Shane & Marie said...

Hi, I just stumbled across your blog. Are you talking about the restaurant at the Novotel? If so, we know exactly what you mean. We ate there as well. Yuck! I wish the best for the remainder of the trip.

P.S. I see you are from Tampa. We are in Brandon.

Marie

Deb said...

Great to hear that it's all going somewhat smoothly.

Anonymous said...

We are praying for you guys - continuously! I CAN imagine how you feel about to get to see your little girl in PERSON!!!! I remember waiting outside of the room where Grace was - waiting just to see her! Ellie is so blessed - she will know you are her forever family...

Journey of Faith said...

Been thinking about you for the last 24 hours, picturing just where you've been. Holding you close in prayer, thanking God for His continued watch over you. It's about 5:30- so you're probably arriving in Kras right about now. Will be thinking about you and continuing to pray for you!
Debbie

kate said...

yeah, i haven't found good mexican or good chinese....try some georgian food. it's yummy! shashlik...hochapurri (no idea how to spell that, but that's phonetic)

hope your trip is quick and smooth!

Suz said...

So glad to see you made it! I look forward to reading more about your adventure!!

Unknown said...

Hi Lori,
My name is Amy and I just wanted to thank you for posting my video (the Orphans of God one) on your blog! It really means so much to me! I found out it was linked to this web site about a week ago so I have been able to read about you guys and what you are doing! I just want to let you know that I am praying for you and your family and your little girl!
Thanks again and God Bless!
~Amy

Grandma Andie said...

Hi guys,
Our prayers are following you every step you take. I know you gave our new granddaughter big hugs and kisses. God continues to play out His plans for you both.
We love you ALL!!
Grandma Andie

cristylup said...

I have been so out of touch lately with being out of town. I just caught up on your craziness! I am so happy for you. We will be praying for you during this trip! Have fun!!

Cristy