Saturday, November 24, 2007

Graduation

Well, the troops have graduated from boot camp and returned home. We are ready to sleep in our own bunks, at least for a few days. Disney was wonderful and I did journal each day but Adam felt that it was a bit wordy for the blog so I will just say that we had a wonderful time and it was enhanced by the knowledge that this was the last vacation as this family and on our next vacation, we will be a new family. We just really had a good time...I don't know how to say that we just fell in love with our children all over again. It's kind of like how I felt just before Rusty was born. I remember getting out of the shower one day, about a month before my due date and I walked into the family room where Ruthie was sitting watching a video and I looked at her and had an overwhelming feeling of just wanting more time...time to spend loving her and holding her and just focusing on her. I have that sense of urgency now. Our world is about to change so drastically. It is not like when we had Flip. This is a child who is nearly two, who has been speaking Russian, living in an orphanage, never had a bath in a tub. Everything will be different for her! Smells, sounds, sights and tastes...sensory overload and while I know that children make the adjustment a lot quicker than us adults, I can't help feeling somewhat sad that our way of life is about to change. (definitely for the better, I know, but the unknown is such a scary thing!) Anyway, the impending change really set the mood for our vacation and it was a special time that I plan to relive in my memories for a long time to come.

So, tomorrow we are to church and then Build-a-Bear to make our little a girl a bear (and a spare) with our voices in the paws and then to catch up on some work for our J-O-Bs before Monday when we both have physicals and, oh yea, packing. Then, Tuesday we are off to Russia.

Prayer requests: My heart, being away from children. Also, that God will give us the right words and actions to put our little girl at ease and that we will remember that although we already love her, we are strangers to her.

No comments: