Sunday, March 16, 2008

Surreal

Friday night's surprise with my mom was a gallery showing of a piece by P. Buckley Moss called "The Cradle." There is quite a story to go along with it but I will shorten it to this: There was a family that could not have children and about 30 years ago they ended up adopting a child from an organization called The Cradle. Moss was so inspired by their story that she painted this picture. My mom took me to meet the artist, the people who's story inspired the painting and to get an autographed copy of the print for our daughter's room. To read the full story, you can go to this link: www.mosscollectors.com/patsletter012408.html (you have to scroll down a little way:0)


Friday night we all slumbered in the family room...well, sort of...I went back to my bed after everyone was "slumbering." On Saturday, we took care of some business around the house and then we took the kids to see Horton Hears a Who...in the words of the great Randy, "it was just ok for me." But, the kids enjoyed it. And today, after church, we took advantage of some Build a Bear bucks and let the kids get some new stuff for their bears...and now, we are packing and cleaning up. I have several little last minute details to take care of but nothing I feel terribly stressed over...there are also several things I wanted to get done around the house that did not get done...AAAAHHHH!!!! I only had 2.5 years...give me a break! I really wanted to just come home...you know? But, those projects will still be here when I get back...


Today's heart ache is the thought of being without my kids...I was holding it together really well until another couple asked us if they could pray for us at the alter at church this morning and when they prayed for our children, I lost it! (Thank you, Brian and Anna for your prayers today and through out our journey:0) Since then, the tears have threatened to come off and on all day and I look forward to having a good cleansing cry after they go to bed tonight.


It is still hard to believe that in 48 hours, we will be settling in to our flight to Moscow...surreal.

9 comments:

Suz said...

You're nearly on your way! Can you believe it! I'm so excited for you and can't wait to read all about your adventures!

Michael, Carrie, and S said...

Lori, our schedule is very similar. We leave tomorrow so we will just be missing each other in Moscow coming into town. But,I think we will definitely be in Moscow at the same time at the end of our trip. My email is coneal414@yahoo.com. Maybe we will be staying near each other! Keep in touch, and best wishes as you go to court and officially become Ellie's parents! :)

Deb said...

That's pretty cool! The painting is very sweet. I'm sure it will look great in Ellie's room.

I hope you're able to call home to the kids often and that it helps ease the distance between you while you're picking up their sister.

Tamara said...

What an amazing, wonderful, incredible journey you are on! We will pray for a smooth trip, and for the time to pass quickly for everyone. Can't wait to meet your newest gift from God!
Praying without ceasing~

3 became 4... said...

Lori-
May God bless your travels and hold all of your children in his precious arms. May he give you comfort and peace. He is in control, and has not left any detail of this journey unaccounted. Amen!
He has gone before you, he is with you now, and he will stay with you throughout.
Blessings,
Lyn Franks

Anonymous said...

Dear God, thank you for giving Lori and Adam the patience You required of them to finally receive their daughter. The daughter you created just for them. Please, keep your hand securely on them through their travels. Let the eagerness of Ruthie, Rusty, and Flip to finally touch and play with their sister be enough of a reason to need to be away from them for awhile. I know that missing them will be terrible, but the outcome will be joyous!!! We give you our praise and admiration. In Jesus name! Amen

Just Jacki said...

Lori and Adam, I once heard a man say that as a parent you have to be strong enough to at times put your children through some pain knowing it's necessary. The three munchkins will miss you both but will be just fine. Now your Mom and Joe on the other hand . . . The outcome will be a wonderful family reunion~~your complete family. How awsome is that?! And now:
Father, I pray that you will allow Lori and Adam to feel your loving, protective arms around them. Give them the measure of patience and comfort that only You can. Keep them safe as they travel to pick up their daughter and then bring them all home safely. I pray that Ellie will cling to both Lori and Adam with an understanding and acceptance that a child has for her parents. Please remove anything that may be in the way of allowing the court hearing go completely smooth. Bless Gwen and Joe~~I know how much they both love this precious part of their family. And bless Lori and Adam as they respond obediently to this calling you have placed before them. We know your timing is perfect as is your plan for our lives. We give you all the glory. Amen and amen.

Love, Aunt Jacki

Kelli said...

Prayers are with the both of you as you fly today. We prayed for you at MOPS as well. Can you believe the time is finally here? All your perseverance paid off! God Bless you both as you begin this new journey of having your
4th child. Can't wait to meet litle Ellie Jerger!

Don and Elizabeth said...

Lori, I am so excited to see that you are on your way to bring her home. It gives me hope to see so many who were in the funk with us last summer have been or are going to bring home their children. God Speed and we will be praying for you for a safe and trouble-free trip.