Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Much Ado About Nothing

Ok, so yesterday we had a man here fixing our sprinklers and I went outside to talk to him and unbeknown to me, Flip followed me. I thought nothing of it until I went to get back into the house and of course, it was locked! Any other time, our children will have any number of the windows unlocked because they open them but never close them properly but not yesterday, oh no...every window locked up tight...so outside, no keys, no phone, it is about to pour down rain and my kids need to be picked up from school soon, no neighbors are home. hmmm...typical.


I Got an email from a friend who leaves today and she had a document request as late as yesterday...and they wanted it apostilled...ha! I am sitting here wondering what is going on? Wondering if I will float along the next 10 days and then 3 days before we are scheduled to leave suddenly have requests for additional documents. I pray that my paper chase has come to an end...that the judge will be satisfied with everything they already have. Enough is enough! At least it should be.


Visa applications are on their way and will arrive at their destination today before 10:30 CA time...I have everything we need to take (including a plane ticket with Ellie's name on it...how cool is that?) except a prescription for antibiotics for the girlie that I am waiting to hear back from the doc on and I think I will grab some lolly pops and a puzzle for the plane. I have to go get the last big fat whoppin' check from the bank and get it to our agency...watch that step, it's a doozy! And then it is just a matter of putting it all into the suit cases...and packing my kids for their stay at their Nana's house. I'm dreading that the most; packing 3 children for a month away from home...ick!


I haven't heard much from my FC but we will get to have our travel meeting with her before her last day at the agency...so I am happy about that...then we will have our file handed off to one of the other FCs but by then there will not be much more to do besides the post placement reports...only three more years and we will have our lives to ourselves again. *sigh*

1 comment:

Kelli said...

So what finally happened to Flip?