Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Spring Forward: Are you kiddin' me?

I cannot believe that we have to spring forward this weekend! Seriously...Spring forward always knocks me on my behind like I flew to oh, let's just say Russia or something! It takes me a week to get used to the time change...I drag around like a zombie just getting through my days and I have to do this the week before we leave for Moscow (8 hours ahead) and then another few days Kras (4 more hours ahead)...Just enough time to get used to their time and then we fly back to Moscow (4 hours back) and few days later, home (8 more hours back) Are you kidding me?


Got the airline tickets situated yesterday...luckily we got the email that changed our return date from the 15th to the 16th BEFORE we finalized the arrangements! Had to get this done as the agent said the costs of plane tickets is rising about $10-$20/day because of gas prices! Today I am going to work on getting my office organized...it hasn't been cleaned up and organized since I moved my work into it several months back but the nesting is kicking in so I must get it done! I am also going to get over to fed ex and get our visa applications out to CA so we can get on that whole process.


Two families had successful court dates yesterday and are now the proud parents of two handsome little Siberian men. Congrats to the Swingles and the Dinis! My friend Sherri leaves tomorrow to begin her trip to bring her daughter home so please pray for safe travel for her! I will get a chance to finally meet all these people in Moscow and in Kras because our trips overlap. I am so excited about that!


So, today marks 14 days until we fly out!!! Just two more weeks and we are on our way...still hard to believe we are almost there!

3 comments:

3 became 4... said...

Hooray! I cannot wait to see pics of your beautiful little girl!
Thanks for your encouragemet!
I really needed that :0)
-Lyn Franks

Kelli said...

Don't worry Lori. You'll be on cloud 9 with your new, little angel that the adreneline will kick in and help you out.

What date do you get back on exactly? I'm sure the ladies at MOPS would love to help out with some meals. Let me know and I'll mention it to the gals. =)

I love the fact that even though Ellie isn't being delivered to you by a doctor's hands, but by plane, you're still experiencing new mommy traits such as nesting. Too cute.

Best of luck as you get ready for this new, incredible Jerger journey! Prayers are with you all.

Aunt Becky said...

The excitement that we feel for you is overwhelming and brings joyous tears to my eyes. Our prayers are with you all the way and hope that things all go according to schedule, as it seems to be an aggressive one. Ellie is truly blessed to have been hand picked by you to share in all the love your family has to provide. We love you bunches and will pray for a safe and successful journey.

Love, Aunt Becky