Friday, March 14, 2008

The Nitty Gritty

We're down to 3.5 days until lift off and we have everything done...thank you, Lord. We got the visas yesterday...turns out the women's day (Russian Mother's day) holiday slowed things down at the consulate so our visas went out a day later than projected...worked out fine. We were supposed to have a travel phone conference with our FC yesterday but her boy friend decided to make some romantic gesture and she never got to work...lucky girl! So, we will speak to our new FC on Monday. We got an updated medical on Els today and she gained almost a whole pound and grew about 2.5 inches.


Today I drove on a field trip for Rusty...the zoo...what a bunch of Monkeys...and this evening my mom has something up her sleeve...not sure what...I just know I have to be ready at 4:45. Hmmmm.


So, we are down to the nitty gritty, folks...Have a great weekend!!!!

3 comments:

Suz said...

Wow, that's great that she's grown so much. I am so excited for you!

Anonymous said...

Lori~~of course I read your blog!!Isn't God so good?! So are you guys going to let us take Ellie with us on the "Nana and Papa" summer vacation? It's going to be a GREAT time. Just think, next year I'll be taking Ricky with us as well. I'm thinking taking a 3 month old this year might be a bit much. We love you all so much, can hardly to wait to "meet" our newest niece and of course Grant talks about our summer trip. He's "so excited!". We will pray for safe travel mercies all the way around and for a smooth transition for Ellie.
Love, Aunt Jacki

Deb said...

So what did your mom have planned for you? I hope you had fun whatever it was.