Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Something Went Awry

We have had a great couple of days...On Friday, My friend, Dinah picked me up and took me to a virtual spa??? Everything was done by machines. I had a water pressure massage, then I was hydrated (baked is what I would call it) in this machine that encloses everything but your head. The temperature inside got up to 118 F. I felt a little anxious to say the least. Then I had a facial which was this mist thing that sat in front of my face for 20 minutes...it was cool and after the baking, I enjoyed it immensely. But then came the spray on tan. Have you seen the episode of Friends where Ross gets this done...that was me (sort of.)

I was so paranoid...I used the buffer cream like no body's business and then I got into the booth and I stood how she showed me to stand...it sprayed...ok, fine...then I panicked! How did she tell me to stand? I think I got it right. I turned and positioned my hands the way she showed me, I think...it sprayed again. I got out...Am I supposed to dry off? I think so...drag up, right?

So, we meet our husbands and all the kids for Mexican food. That will be 4 adults and 7 children:0) Do you have a table for us? On Friday night? At 7 O'clock?We had a good meal...I got into it with a man who yelled across the restaurant and subsequently humiliated a young couple who had a young child that was throwing a temper tantrum...unhappy people should stay home and leave the rest of us out of their miserable lives. So, we eat, go home, have a family slumber party in the family room and in the morning I am going about my routine until I look down at my leg and well, SOMETHING WENT AWRY!



I ran to the mirror to inspect the damage...my face looked great! Had a nice healthy looking glow. My abdomen and back...wonderful! My arms and legs...did I mention that SOMETHING WENT AWRY? Well a picture is worth a thousand words...so, I will save my breath (or my fingers in this case) Will I try it again? I'm not sure...maybe you get better at this as you go along...I mean why would people do it otherwise, right? It was fun..we had a really good laugh about it...for the last several days...I would mention that at least it hasn't gotten too hot for jeans yet:0)


Good times...Thanks, Dinah...I love ya sista!






My Mommy's so bright, I gotta wear shades.






3 comments:

Kelli said...

What's wrong with your legs???? They look fine! Sounds like you girls had a fun time. =)

Sherri said...

Too funny Lori!!! Let me know if you want to get together when you come up this way!!

Anonymous said...

Too funny! I'm jealous that I wasn't with you...but that being said, I was in hysterics watching the friends clip and couldn't wait to scroll down to see what happened? Your lucky it wasn't your face!!!

Meagen