Thursday, April 17, 2008

Houser in the House

THE DOG CAME HOME...He is not a hit. So sad...he is such a loving guy but, I confess that to someone who has never seen a dog and is herself just a pip squeak he could be a little terrifying. She can stand to be close to him and is comfortable when he is near if we are holding her or if she is in her high chair but if he even thinks about trying to approach her for a sniff, we are going into total and complete melt down in one second flat. Yesterday we played outside in hopes that she would see the other 3 playing with Houser and see that he is really quite harmless...no go...baby steps...

Another fear...the vacuum cleaner...yikes...can I just say that I am the queen of all that is vacuum? I use my vacuum cleaner at least 3 times a day...I vacuum the area rug in the family room in the morning and in the afternoon (4 kids...come on people) and I use it to vacuum up the piles I sweep up on the wood floors and I use it to dust. It doesn't even get put away unless we are having company!...it is invaluable! baby steps...

Ellie is doing very well all considered. She is going to bed with very little fuss...eating well...she's falling right into line with my non-schedule schedule...those of you who know me know what that means...I have no set schedule...I do what needs to be done when it needs to be done and my kids go with the flow, nap in the car...whatever...She has had two of her naps in the car since being home...what a good girl.

Adam is back to work today and we are going up to show off the new little Jerger and eat lunch with "Papa." She is picking up some very basic words and mimics quite a bit. We are still working on getting her to call Adam daddy and herself Ellie...she answers to Ellie now and when she calls herself by that name comfortably, we will use the name Vika as a special family nickname...thanks for the idea Heather:0)

Our friends from church have organised meals for us so I do not have to cook dinner for two whole weeks! It is so nice to have good friends that care for one another...thank you Brian and Anna for setting it up and thanks to everyone that signed up! It is greatly appreciated!

So, day by day we make new discoveries...face new dilemmas...conquer new challenges.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

SOOOO excited and overwhelmed with joy for each of the Jergers...we will continue to keep you all in our prayers!!

Love,

Susannah

Michael, Carrie, and S said...

I just got your comment on our blog! I remember you all! Michael and I kept talking about how cute your little girl is! That is crazy...and I remember posting on your blog that we should try to meet at some point...who knew we would be that close and not even realize it?? Your daughter is precious! I'm so sorry we did not put things together while we were there. I'm glad things are going well at home. S is afraid of things too...ceiling fan, some of his toys (busy ball popper, beach ball), etc.-it is very cute and he runs and jumps in our laps when he realizes they are on or nearby! I guess it is good for bonding! :)