Monday, April 14, 2008

Back on Schedule

We are home...I won't bore you with the details of the 30hours of travel..I will just say that she did amazing!!! We stepped off the plane to family and friends waiting and the tears poured from me as I was so happy to be here finally. My kids have grown, literally while I was away and I am pretty sure there should be some unspoken rule against that...

We got home and Ellie seemed to join in like she had always been here. She is completely comfortable with the kids...plays right along with them never missing a beat. She is, however not comfortable with adults yet and if there are no children around, and an adult tries to talk to her, she seeks out her safe zone...my lap.

Our biggest hurdle will be the kids desire to accommodate her at every turn. It will be a rough go when the novelty wears off and they are tired of handing over all the best toys and giving her free run of their bed rooms:0) She is testing all the boundaries and her tantrums make a nuclear bomb seem like a restful beach but she is quickly learning that they yield no results. She has slept two nights in her own room, by herself and thanks to a quick trip to Target, she is in panties and has successfully used her potty seat. (hoping to keep this up since she is pretty much potty trained)


Yesterday, we woke the kids early...to try to get ourselves right back onto our schedule and, because I was awake at 5:30AM anyway...thank you, jet lag...and after a quick trip to Target for some essentials, we went to Bush Gardens for a few hours to have some fun with the kids. She did great in the stroller just enjoying the BEAUTIFUL weather. We rode a few rides, looked at the animals and ate lunch. They napped in the car on the way home and went to bed almost on time...today, it was back to school...and just like that, we are back on schedule...for today:0)

14 comments:

Shane & Marie said...

I just want to say that your little one is beautiful! I absolutely love the picture of her in front of St Basil's. By those pictures, I can tell you were at Busch Gardens and it looks like she had a blast.

3 became 4... said...

I am so thrilled to see you are home safely! Thanks for sharing- the pics are wonderful :0) May God continur to bless you and knit you tightly together as a forever family!
In Christ,
Lyn Franks

Sherri said...

Lori,
So glad that you are home and that you are getting right back on schedule!! She is just precious and I am glad that she is just fitting right in. Look forward to hearing the Princess Tales!!!

sandy said...

Welcome home! Glad to hear that she is fitting right in with her brothers and sister. =)

Anonymous said...

That picture in front of St. Basil is PRICELESS!! Blow it up - frame it, make copies, give it to strangers - she is ADORABLE!!! I'm half tempted to print it, frame it and hang it in MY house it's so cute! :o)

Welcome home!!

Anonymous said...

I absolutely can't wait to see y'all. We are soooo glad everyone is home safely!!! The pics are priceless. Bill said she is even prettier than her pictures.
Much love,
Margaret

Anonymous said...

I can't read your blog anymore without crying - especially when I have the speakers on & hear the perfect music you have picked. You guys are so blessed and now complete!

Luv, Dinah

Suz said...

Oh I am sooooo happy for you! Welcome home!

She is just absolutely beautiful and I, too, think that is one of the best St. Basils pix I've ever seen!

Can't wait to hear more about her and your trip!

Heather Brandt said...

I love love the photos, especially the one of Ellie...she is such a cutie in that photo of her in Moscow! I will pray that everything continues to go well with your adjustment to being back home with your little one :)

Susan & Phil said...

We are so happy y'all are home safely. Everyone looks great in the pictures. We can't wait to meet this new little princess!

Kelli said...

Soooooo happy for you guys! What a beautiful family!!! Keep the blog coming even though you're home now. We love the pictures and stories of how you all are blending as a family.

Don and Elizabeth said...

Lori,
What a cutie. I am so excited to see you're home safely and getting back into the groove. God Bless you all,
Elizabeth

Carey and Norman said...

Welcome Home. Love the top picture. Ellie is a doll. We brought that exact same sweater to Russia and our daughter is dressed in it in a few of our pictures too (I think the ones from St. Basil's too but we had coats on that day...snowing).

So glad your trip home went well! Just love reading your blog and following your journey.

God Bless!

Grandma Andie said...

That is the BEST picture in front of St. Basil's....That will make a fantastic "page"!! See ya'll again, soon.
Love you all,
(Grand)Mom and (Grand)Dad