Thursday, October 25, 2007

Sugar and Spice

And EVERYTHING NICE...that's what little girls are made of! Today, I got to go with my daughter on a field trip to the dump, which, is my second time this school year since Rusty's class went two weeks ago...But, it is interesting every time. However, before that, I got to go to TARGET and buy three little outfits for my little girl. Christi said yesterday that it was time to start thinking about my packing (I've been packing in my head since July) and one of the things we need to pack is different size clothing to try on our little girl so we will know what size to bring on trip two when we bring her home. Everything she is wearing when we pick her up will be stripped from her as it is not considered hers but the property of the orphanage.

So, Flip and I wandered through the baby clothes and I got giddy just walking into the section because I have restrained myself from buying ANYTHING for her until now. But, Christi said I could...So, I bought three little outfits in different sizes and then, I bought a little wrist rattle one musical toy and a small character blanket (2 of those). They say to buy duplicate of anything you take over because when you leave it, you are unlikely to get it back...especially toys. So, I bought two of the little blankets. I was glad I had to be back at the school because I could see myself driving all over town today just looking at little girl's clothes.

So, she has her first outfits which we will likely donate to the baby home on trip one. They will be donated in her name along with everything else we bring for the children she has shared the only home she has ever known. They are her brothers and her sisters and they share a commonality like nothing I have ever known and my heart belongs to every child there. Last night, I talked with a woman who adopted twins 7 years ago and she says still, she dreams of the children there and she can bring forth their faces as clear as if she were back in the room with them. So, if you are praying for me, please pray that God will give me peace and that I will always know that they are part of His plan. That we helped one because we could and that there are others out there longing to bring these children home to their forever families. They deserve it!

No comments: