Tuesday, October 16, 2007

The Needy Child

Why do you pray? How do you pray? Is it for us? Is it for Him? Would you go for days without talking to your husband? Your child? Your parent? Do you ask for something every time you talk to someone you love?

I sometimes struggle with prayer. How often are you in a situation where you have no options...YOU cannot do anything to control the outcome? You HAVE to turn to God because you can't do it at all let alone by yourself. I find myself in that position right now. In a place where I need to trust in God...to know that He is listening and that He has heard my requests, that He knows I have faith. "if you believe, you will receive whatever you ask for in prayer." Matthew 21:22

I have committed this process of adoption to the Lord and each day along the way, I have learned something new about myself, about the Lord, and about my relationship with the Lord. Each time I have felt out of control, He has reeled me back in and calmed my angst. Each time I have tried to waver from the path He has set before me, He has called me back gently. Is it ok to always need something from God...Am I His "needy child?" You know, I have three and they are all different...one is independent and self driven, one is sensitive and needs a little push every once in a while and one is kind of "needy." I confess that I like that my children need me. So, I think my Holy Father likes for me to need Him also.

I believe that God chose me and He wants me to call on him, depend on Him and then trust that He will provide. I believe He wants to give me the desires of my heart and in return, He asks that I give all the glory for these things to Him. So, no matter how long and no matter what the outcome, I am trusting in the Lord for He is sufficient for me.

"Yet he did not waver through unbelief regarding the promise of God, but was strengthened in his faith and gave glory to God, being fully persuaded that God had power to do what he had promised." Romans 4:19-21

1 comment:

Deb said...

Great verse, Rom 4:19-21.

I often find myself praying selfishly and have to remember to thank God for the blessings that He has given us. And I have also learned to thank Him for the lessons we have learned during these past 2 years just trying to become parents.

One of my favorite verses for the journey is Hab 2:3; For the vision is yet for the appointed time, and it hasteth toward the end, and shall not lie: though it tarry, wait for it; because it will surely come, it will not delay. (ASV)