Wednesday, October 17, 2007

I'm Adopted

"When the fullness of time had come, God sent his Son, born of a woman, born under the law, to ransom those under the law, so that we might receive adoption." Galations 4:4-5

I heard this verse the other morning while driving the kids to school and I loved it immediately. I'm not sure which version of the Bible it comes from because mine does not use the word adoption. Regardless, I have never thought of myself as adopted and yet, I am. That's pretty cool.

There was quite a bit of movement in Kras this past week. Three families got referrals, one of which is a woman I have gotten to be pretty good friends with online and over the phone in the last month or so. We had hoped to possibly travel together but it seems it will not be so on this trip. Her name is Debbie and her husband is Tim...so, if you are praying for me and my family, please lift them up as they leave this Saturday to meet their son for the first time.


Where are we? We are still waiting for official registration into Krasnoyarsk...which for those of you who have been following along, know that is the 3rd region we have been told we would end up in. However, this one seems to be the one now. Our paperwork is there, just waiting for submission. Our prayer now is that we might receive word that we have been registered and referred at the same time. We are still praying that we will travel on trip one before the end of the year. All the movement gives us hope that our time is coming. There haven't been any referrals for little girls in our age request and we know that we are first in line so, it could be any day now. Keep praying!

We are moving into our busy season here at the Jerger home. This last weekend, Adam and I went up to Tally to watch the FSU V Miami game...good game, lousy outcome. Then we returned to Adam's parent's house to watch our Tigers blow a big game against LSU. This weekend we take our son, Rusty to Auburn with a friend of his to see AU play Ole Miss. This was our birthday gift to him and he has been looking forward to it for a LOOOOng time! So, then we have a weekend free and the following weekend I have Women of Faith and Ruthie has her first ever gymnastics exhibition, which I will miss...boo hoo. And the week after that, we leave for Disney which I cannot wait for! We do this once every other year and it is such a good time. Each time we go it is a new experience because they are just a little older and now we have one that will still be into the "kiddie rides" and the other two will be riding in the big time.

So, lots to keep me busy and keep my mind off this...to focus on what is right here, in front of me. I have been doing that lately. Just focusing on HOME. Sometimes you just have to stop and put things in perspective. I am blessed each day with my husband and children.

Thank you God.

No comments: