Sunday, October 14, 2007

Nutshell

It's been a somewhat long and yet fun weekend...we took the kids to Adventure Island yesterday and there was no one there...we walked right on to every ride and we had a great time...we went for just a few hours and then got Slurpee's on the way home and then we just chilled and watched our AU Tigers pull out a close one against Arkansas...late night...After church today we had an ABF social with quite the game of kickball...that's right, kickball. It was fun.

Back to my story...so life is continuing and Adam and I are HOME ALONE for one whole week in July. The house needs to be painted and I have it on the list of things to do while the kids are away...big mistake but who knew? Anyway, Adam decides he wants to fast while a team from our church was on a trip to the Dominican Republic that he was really sorry he had to miss. I decided I would fast as well. I had never done this before and honestly, didn't really understand the process of fasting nor really the purpose and I am pretty sure I still don't. But what I do know is that I have never been more focused on the Lord than in this time and Adam and I had never been more committed to prayer time with each other.

So on day 3...on a ladder in the 95 degree heat, we were feeling pretty puny. Both of us were exhausted. but, on day 4, I got up for an appointment and Adam had already left for the day. I was feeling great. The feeling I had was like being in a cloud. I wasn't hungry, I had no aches from all the work and I just felt better than I had in a long time. I called Adam..."How do you feel today?" "I feel really good." We just had this peaceful feeling that all was well. Later that morning we got a call from Christi that accreditation had come through and I won't go through all the details but it was amazing the joy and thankfulness of that moment. We later found out that the team in the DR had received a piece of equipment they had desperately been needing that same morning. I won't say that it was because of our prayers, let alone our fasting but it was just another moment where I believe God knew we needed encouragement and He provided it.


That pretty much puts the last two years of this process into a very small and somewhat vague nutshell...so, where do we go from here? Registration for us into Krasnoyarsk, Russia is imminent...that we know and a referral is next...so, stay tuned!

No comments: