Friday, May 23, 2008

Wanna talk About ME!

I have been tagged by Ms. Bates, thank you so much. So, here are the 7 random/little known things about me:

1. My husband is the love of my life…literally. I started talking to him on the phone two weeks before I turned 16…we had our first date 5/1/93 and have been together ever since. He was my first date, first kiss and he is my best friend.
2. I have 4 children ages 8, 6, 4 and 2. It’s hard. People always ask me, “How do you do it? I just do, it’s why I’m here on earth…thank you, Lord... Some days I don’t want to but I love them with everything I have inside of me.
3. I am immensely passionate. *wink* When I believe something is right or wrong, I cannot keep my mouth shut. I know there are some verses in James I should be meditating on for this problem I have but it’s who I am.
4. I am very sensitive. Most people don’t know this. People think because I am so outspoken and strong-willed that I am also made of stone…not so, my feelings get hurt easily.
5. It “caught up with me.” The fat I mean. Everyone told me it would, and it did…it started with my freshman 15 and went from there…4 kids later, I have most of it off and am struggling to keep it that way.
6. I like to be alone. Not all the time but a lot. I go through phases where I just want to hang at home…not be social, not talk on the phone and not go out just to be out. I love my home and the people in it and sometimes, I want to shut everyone else out and just vedge.
7. I want to see the world and everything in it…so many places, so little time….traveling is addictive, but expensive!



I tag: Karen, Stacy, and Carey.

7 comments:

Carey and Norman said...

It does sound like you and I are alot alike. I've had to be outspoken in my job, but yet I too get my feelings hurt. I too love to travel and feel this had a big part to play in why we chose to adopt Internationally.

I will complete my tag this weekend or next week. Thanks for keeping me in mind. Sounds fun to come up with 7 items of interest to share....Hmmm...what to say.....

The Fo'Zaglia's said...

You make me smile! That is the Lori I have come to know and love. Put it all out there and if people don't like it then...

Meagen

Kasjaniuk said...

What you see is what you get ... I like that about you girl.

Maria said...

We must be twins!! And, we are going to both have adopted Ellies. We meet Ellie tomorrow. Pray for us, ok? When you find those verses in James, know that I'm aware of them too, but... um... don't really apply them.

Unknown said...

You are goofy - luv the pic! I guess I have to do this too, huh? But you know, I can't post a pic until I have full makeup, hair & accessories -true Alabama girl! Luv, Dinah :)

Kelli said...

Yeah Lori! =) Although I did know some of those things about you already, it was still nice to get an inside glimpse of you. You make me smile! I love how real you are and you tell it like it is. I wish I had more of that quality in me.

We too are grieving for the Chapman family. That "Cinderella" song makes me cry even more now when I think about the situation.

Hannah said...

I just stumbled across your blog, your daughter is just adorable! Congratulations!!

I LOVE the gotcha tee she is wearing in the side bar, that is just great.

Our son was born in Russia and has been home 8 years, time sure does fly!!

Hannah