Saturday, May 10, 2008

Home Again

Carolina Cutie

Yes, I am home...again. After a fun filled, (relaxing in a stressful kind of way) week spent with my dear friend Meagen, the girls and I have landed back in Planet Boy and rejoined the rat race we call life at the Jerger House. Oy!

We had such a good time visiting...aside from the doctor visits, we shopped, and played and just relaxed which was so nice. I never feel like I can relax at home...there is always something I should be doing. Meagen and I managed to get a few movies in...she is a member of the Blockbuster mail thing...and now I am too:0) We saw P.S. I love you. It was a total tear-jerker but good. We also watched Elizabeth and Elizabeth: the Golden Years. If you like period films/movies, I enjoyed them both. My least favorite was Wicker Park. I am certain we saw some others but I can't remember what they were...Meagen...leave a comment with some reviews of the other movies we watched.

As I said previously, Ruthie really enjoyed the time away visiting with the girls and Ellie did amazing! She was fine around all the new people. I did allow them to hold her for short snatches of time. I felt ok with this because they are not "regular" people in her life and our visit was short. They still did not provide for any of her needs...I fed, bathed and gave her pretty much anything she needed or wanted. She played easily with all of the kids and came to me when I asked her to. There were no tantrums and I never felt that she was attaching to one of the others in an inappropriate way. We will hold off on the nursery at church for a while but will begin to allow people to hold her for very short periods of time.

The flight home was uneventful...We were picked up by the "men" and took Ruthie straight to gymnastics. I got home and got everything unpacked and then we picked Ruthie up and headed to some friends for a BBQ. That was nice. Today, We had lunch with Adam's parents and grandmother. It was her first time meeting Ellie. Tonight we go to dinner with my parents to celebrate mother's day with her and my step-dad's birthday. Tomorrow, church and then lunch and shopping with my girls...no kids...Happy Mother's Day to us... and to all of you Mommy's out there who are doing this job day in and day out. Even when you don't get that thank you you deserve, you glorify the Lord by taking care of your family...put your feet up and enjoy the day...you earned it!

6 comments:

Heather Brandt said...

I love all the photos, especially the one of Ellie in the beautiful flowers!

Glad your trip went well!

Take care,

heather

Kelli said...

You sound happy to be home. =) Glad everything went well (except for the drawing of blood!). I'll bet you enjoyed time with your girls. Happy Mother's Day to you too.

The Fo'Zaglia's said...

OK, seriously "Wicker Park" was your least favorite? HELLO CAN YOU SAY "SILK"...and what about "27 Dresses"? That was good...you'll have to check out my blog for a better review...luv ya

Oh and Ellie looks adorable in the flowers

Meagen

Anonymous said...

Love Ellie's pic in the red poppies...it will look so good next to Ruthie in the blue bonnets.
Can't wait to meet her...soon!
Margaret

The Wilson's said...

I agree -- the pic is beautiful! Sounds like everything is going well. I not sure our little one is ready for a trip like that but I am waiting for the day :)

Grandma Andie said...

Ditto Margaret's sentiments about the picture in the poppies..Wow!!
Glad the "girls" had a great time after all the blood work...Love ya'll!