Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Mom About Town

So, Mother's day has come and gone but the festivities are just now drawing to a close. The kid's school had Mother's day lunch with your children yesterday so I wanted to be there for that...As I was getting them out the door yesterday, I reminded Ruthie and Rusty that I would be there...Flip turns to me and says, "Mommy, mine was on Friday and I was the only one without a mommy there." (Heart squeezes...I was on my way home from NC) "Flip, I will be there TODAY!" So, At 10:00 I had lunch with Rusty...11:09, Ruthie, and 12:00 Flip. At 12:30 I ran through Wendy's to get Adam some lunch and take it to him at work. Then it was pretty much right back to the school for car circle:0)

Ruthie's class had a wonderful little dance they did to Bette Midler's Wind Beneath My Wings. Her teacher, Mrs, Johnson, is retiring and has had this class for two years. She has been awesome and such a positive person in Ruthie's life. They also wrote books about their mothers and Ruthie got to read her's aloud at lunch...I am not in an emotional state for this people! Tears were flowing...I am going insert the words to her book here...please feel free to scroll down if you are in a hurry:0)

"Dedicated to my mom, who loves me unconditionally. Your loving daughter, Ruthie.

When I see her face, my frown wrinkles into a smile.

Her silky, smooth, brown hair looks beautiful swaying in the wind...like a graceful swan flying. Her dark brown eyes sparkle and flash in the sunlight.

She cooks delicious , cheesy Macaroni. My mouth waters every time she cooks something.

She almost always has something nice to say. She is almost never mean.

When I am sad, she comforts me in her soft, warm arms like a snugly teddy bear.

Before bed, she snuggles me softly and doesn't forget our great big bear hug!

Every time I see her, my heart warms up like hot chocolate.

It is like all the stars in the Sky are people but the brightest one is her.

She is a gift from Heaven above...my gift!"

Ok, I can't proclaim to be all of these wonderful things...It's not that I can't cook, I just don't like to...but my Mac and cheese is the best around...and Adam will kill for my tater tots...but seriously, I am so thankful that the Lord trusts me to raise His children during their time on earth. I pray each day that I would be the mother He needs me to be to fulfill His purpose for these four little ones. I am fairly certain I fall short quite often. Thank goodness for His footprints in the sand. Thank you, Lord...For my mom and her mom...for my children...and for a woman who is across an ocean, probably still grieving for a child she couldn't keep.

10 comments:

sandy said...

Now why would anyone scroll past the most touching, heartfelt words a daughter could ever write to her mother? There is nothing better than warming someone's heart like hot chocolate and being the brightest star in the sky. Your daughter has a wonderful gift for words, and her love for you is inspiring.

Happy Mother's Day!

The Fo'Zaglia's said...

way to go...I was tear free today until now!

Luv u
Meagen

Grandma Andie said...

What sweet words from and for two of my favorite ladies!! I still have Adam's card telling about the favorite food I fixed...yep..Macaroni and Cheese.

Happy Mother's Day

The Fo'Zaglia's said...

Way to go! I was tear free today until now!

Luv U,
Meagen

Anonymous said...

Just like Meagen, no tears until now. How beautiful!!! Aren't they wonderful? (Bill's favorite Mommie food...frozen pizza from Albertsons)
Margaret

Just Jacki said...

Lori, You got that cooking gene from your Mom's side of the family~~except for your Uncle Jim~~he can cook all of us under the table. Oh well, that's why there are microwaves and boxed meals and Ms. Clairol.:) I hope you didn't plan on getting much rest for the next 15 or so years. It'll all be worth it in the end. Of course then you'll be changing your mom's diaper and helping to cart your own grandchildren around! The first part isn't necessarily something to look forward to. The second part is AWSOME!! I sure do love you!! And I'm so proud of you and Adam.
Love, Aunt Jacki

Susan & Phil said...

What a lovely tribute from a lovely little girl.

Happy Mother's Day!

momto2 said...

Hey Lori, It's Jenn Goldstein. I love your Blog. Dinah gave me the address to check it out.

Anonymous said...

Too precious...indeed you are best beyond measure!

~Susannah

Carey and Norman said...

Sweet post. Your daughter's words are so touching. She writes very beautifully.

Glad you had a wonderful Mother's Day!