Thursday, October 2, 2008

The Mis-Adventures of Rusty & Flip

Adam really wanted me to get some of the video from the boys first weekend in Football/Baseball up on the blog before I left for the weekend...I cannot even begin to describe how busy we have been...I know, same song, different tune but it is so true! Since my last blog, we had lunch with my great Grandmother...yes, my mom's grandmother...she is 96 and she cheerfully informed me on Saturday that her doctor says she will make it to 100 without a problem. It was her first time meeting Ellie and I must say they were both quite smitten.



Before lunch, we hit the football field with Rusty...it was so fun/cute! When Adam went to sign him up, they recommended that we keep him in with the beginners for one year...as a result, he is the oldest on the team...he scored 2 touchdowns, and made about 6 tackles. (pulled flags) On one of his touchdowns, he taunted into the end zone and although we had to discuss good sportsmanship with him, I really regret that I did not get that particular one on video because it was hilarious...too much college football on the play station!


On Monday night, Flip had his first T-ball game and I have not laughed so hard in a very long time...had I known what a spectacle he would make of himself, I would have sent out invitations...he had such a good time...he "dived" during every play in the field whether he was near the ball or not...he and one of his little friends from school played chase in the infield during plays and he came off FILTHY! At one point Adam walked over to the dug out to check on him..."you ok bud?" Ya, I'm a little bored but I will be ok." UUUGH! This child is too much...if he was bored, it didn't show...he finally had his chance to have his sport and he lived every moment of it...I am posting a few clips from their sport mis-adventures...enjoy! I am off for scrappy weekend 2008!






3 comments:

Carey and Norman said...

I enjoyed catching up. It sounds like you are staying busy with your four. I enjoyed all the updated photos and video. I loved the football one. Hike and off he runs to the endzone!

I was also impressed by Adam's triathelon. You go boy!

Anonymous said...

I love these videos! Normally, I find watching our boys playing baseball incredibly boring, but yours seems to have far more action! I've been following your blog since Susan sent it to me and I'm glad to know we're not alone in the insanity of four kids and multiple activities! We're looking forward to seeing your dad & Susan next Monday in time for our Thanksgiving!

I look forward to chatting with you more...
Anne

Grandma Andie said...

The videos were absolutely precious. Your Great Grandmother is, too!! I believe her doctors...anyone that can look as good as she does at 96 will surely make it to 100!!