Monday, October 27, 2008

All In This Together

I hate starting ALL of my posts this way but alas, We had another busy week! We had the usual weekly schedule which I decided to post on the side bar...to keep people informed...mostly grandparents so the rest of you are just lucky, I guess. In addition, Ruthie had her team photo on Friday evening followed by a Halloween party which, although she had a lot of fun, she ran into a palm tree and put a pretty good scrape on her face! On Saturday, Adam had his second triathlon which I will talk more about later. I went with him and my mom pulled duty at the football field and gym with Ruthie and Rusty. Later that afternoon, Ruthie had her individual pic so we were back to the gym for the 3rd time in two days:0)

After church on Sunday, the three little one's went with my mom...Adam, Ruthie and I had lunch and then he was off to church for the rest of the day...Ruthie and I went to Target to kill some time before picking up two of her friends for HSM3...that's right, High School Musical 3! The girls all wore t-shirts and we took skittles, m&ms, and sweet tarts. We bought a giant tub of popcorn and huge Slurpee's...I pre-bought the tickets and we got there early to beat the crowd that didn't show up! It was showing every 30 minutes so there were maybe 100 people in our theatre. The girls giggled alot! (and covered their eyes when Troy and Gabriella kissed) This was a nice way for us to do something with her friends...a lot of times, Ruthie goes to her friend's houses because it just isn't as fun to hang with little brothers around...anyway, there may have been a little too much sugar because Ruthie was up in the middle of the night with a bit of a tummy ache if you know what I mean. She spent the rest of the night on the couch with a trash can beside her:0)

The weather here is beautiful!!! All of my windows are open and it makes me want to clean everything out! Of course if you know me, that means I have pulled everything out of everywhere, all of the closets are empty and each room is trashed...AND it will take me 3 weeks to get it all put back together...



SOOOOOO, Adam did not have quite as successful a race this go around. The swim was great, it was awesome. The bike was ok until he wrecked at the transition. I was standing there and the volunteer was telling the riders as they rounded the last corner to slow down and dismount at a certain line...well, when Adam came around the corner, the man was not paying attention and he yelled at him, "DISMOUNT HERE!" Adam braked hard and flipped over his handle bars! I started to rush forward and help him but he recovered so quickly that I didn't need to...I caught him on film just as his back tire was lifting so you can imagine the rest. After this, his drive took a dive and he cruised the run. We are chalking it up to a learning experience...in triathlons, things will go wrong on one leg or another and you have to put it behind you and move on to the next leg of the race...it is a very mental sport and your thoughts can kill you. He survived with only a little road rash and a small bruise to his pride.




This week looks to be equally busy if not more so...Halloween, you know...time to get that perfect photo for my Christmas cards, get a pumpkin carved for the front step, get all the fun stuff done at school, and all the stuff that HAS to be done...like that mountain of laundry that just will not fold itself, no matter how long I leave it sitting there! Ellie's first Trick or Treat...stay tuned!

6 comments:

Carey and Norman said...

Love the new photo and blog header. Very sweet for fall.

Sorry to hear about Adam's crash. I'm just impressed that he is able to do all three. I'd like to be able to complete one leg of the race ;o)

Glad the girls like the High School musical. Good times...brings back memories.

The Fo'Zaglia's said...

Again... Wow! Love reading about all that you do.

Unknown said...

LOVE the blog's new look - totally awesome - totally!

Grandma Andie said...

Ditto about the fall header...looks really great! Hope there are no lingering effects from Adam's fall; thank goodness for helmets! Know Ellie's Halloween will be fun...I still remember "little" Karen's experience with her first "scary" trick or treaters...From front door to bedroom in 10 seconds flat...only leaving candy in her retreat!!

jill young said...

So funny! Laura could not fall asleep after she got home from HSM3 with you guys. She had a major stomach ache. Do you think it was the 62 ounce red slurpee skittle chaser you gave them? she had a blast. Thanks for making some great lifelong memories for the girls!!

Kelli said...

Lori, I love your new header and love the fact that you match each of your new songs to your current blog entry. You know a lot of songs!!! :)