Thursday, September 25, 2008

Six For Seven.


We had pretty busy weekend. It started out Friday with the celebration of Rusty's birthday...


He's SEVEN! I took cupcakes to the school and we had lunch together...it's so funny because all the kids think it is so neat when a parent comes and eats with them...I wish I could bottle it and open it back up in a few years when just the thought of being seen with me will embarrass my children. After school, we went home and I cooked and baked. We had small group so I made some baked mac & cheese for the first time and some cream cheese frosted brownies...needless to say Monday morning found me hitting the treadmill heavy and counting carbs!


Lisa had a cake for Rusty's birthday so we celebrated a second time. On Saturday, I took Ruthie up to Clearwater to watch a level four gymnastics meet...we are expecting her to move up in the new year so I thought it would be nice for her to see the girls in action. I sat alone and watched the meet while she traipsed around with her friends...I'm fairly certain she did not see a single routine but I learned a lot.


Saturday night Adam and I watched our team blow a close one to LSU...NO COMMENT!


On Sunday, I woke the kids at 5:15am...drove the 3 younger ones to my moms and set out for Sand Key to cheer Adam on in his first ever sprint triathlon...he took 2nd place to a 20 year old and finished with a time of 1.06.54...His swim was the 2nd fastest in the entire field and he placed 41st overall in a field of close to 600 athletes...pretty cool! Ruthie and I (along with the wives and children of some of our friends who were also racing) ran from one place to another watching the transitions and trying to get a glimpse of Adam...we made signs and held them up for Adam...It took me back to days of sitting in the stands at his meets...it was really fun and I am looking forward to this new stage in his life...he competes again in about a month at a triathlon a little closer to home...Ft. Desoto...You can see all the results at:

http://www.altavistasports.com/results/2008results/sandkeytriathlon092108.html


After the triathlon, we ran home for quick showers and then got to the bowling alley to celebrate Rusty's birthday for the 3rd time with all of his friends...he sent out only 8 invitations but ended up with 17 kids there! Rusty racked up all the transformers & PS3 games a boy could want and the first thing he wanted to do when he got home was play one of his new games...Adam had to head to church for a meeting which made Rusty a little sad so I sat with him and we opened and transformed all his new little guys...with my limited transforming experience, this took us all the way to bed time...enter Adam, exit Lori...I had to be at church at 8pm for a different meeting...It was a lot of fun but we were really tired by the end of it all. It is hard to say what I am feeling each time one of my children celebrates a birthday...I will just leave it at just so incredibly thankful.


I forgot to mention that we squeezed Rusty's first flag football practice and Flip's first t-ball practice into it all as well...good times!

So it is Thursday and although I am still dragging a little bit, I have finally blogged all about it...here are some pictures for your viewing pleasure...enjoy!













Rusty handing out cupcakes to his classmates.












Adam finishing the swim leg of the triathlon.













FINISHED! (sorry, no good bike pic but there is one on the website)














Nice award but we will not be hanging it in the house.











Cakes by Alice...she is awesome!











No, not my 3 sons, my daughter and two sons.














Rusty and his Nana share their birthday.












Six For Seven...Happy Birthday, Rusty!


5 comments:

Grandma Andie said...

Wow! I got exhausted just READING about your weekend! The pictures were great from the race AND the birthday...I can see a couple of pages coming together...:)

Michael, Carrie, and S said...

Happy Birthday to Rusty, and congrats to Adam on his big accomplishment with the triathalon! I hope you can rest this weekend!

www.adventureswithaidan.org said...

Congratulations Adam! And Happy Birthday, Rusty!

The Fo'Zaglia's said...

Woman... SLOW DOWN!!! You are making my head hurt just reading about your daily schedules. Congrats to Adam, HB to Rusty. See you in 6 days-WAHOOOOO!!!

Kasjaniuk said...

Geez SEVEN years old?? I remember when he was crawling around in diapers on Aunt Andie's deck. Does the theme song wonder woman faintly play in the background when you start your day each morning?!?!