Friday, October 10, 2008

This One's for the Girls...

My mom has given me many morsels of advice over the years and she has dealt with many moments of drama that go with raising a daughter...one of the things she said to me when I was younger has always come back to me and I found myself saying it to Ruthie the other day as she was dealing with some of the drama that goes with being a young girl..."Lori, in your lifetime, you will find that you will have only a handful of people that you would truly call 'friend." As I look back over the years, I can count exactly one handful of women who have been down the road, up the hills and around the bends with me. Heather, a childhood friend...you know the kind that you can not see or talk to for a year and then have lunch and it is as if no time has passed at all? I have known Heather since 1st grade...we grew up in each other's homes and we have an understanding of each other that far surpasses the bindings of friendship.


Then there are my girls...the one's who are in my life daily. We have been through the birth of our children, the deaths of our brothers, the sickness of loved ones, adoption, financial difficulty, emotional overload...these are the girls who have provided me with the nieces and nephews I will never have, the sisters that will never be, and the brothers that I miss so terribly much. This past weekend, we went to scrap book together and although it was less than productive in terms of getting pages done, the time reminded me to be thankful for the people in my life...my family, my friends. The people who rally around me, in good times...and bad. So, this one is for Dinah, Meagen, and Marie...I love you, girls!


"The road to a friend's house is never long."
-Danish Proverb

6 comments:

Carey and Norman said...

Great fun. Glad you had a fun girl's weekend!

Kelli said...

Go girls! :) Aren't friends such a blessing?! That's one of my favorite songs too. Avonlea and I dance to it all the time. Have a super weekend Lori.

The Fo'Zaglia's said...

Amen sister! Love you:)

Grandma Andie said...

So true..though friends may grow apart in distance, they are the ones who will be there at the drop of a tear, or the turn of a smile.
Glad the weekend brought you together in smiles!

Anonymous said...

I love the "vision".
Margaret

Unknown said...

I have tears! Thanks for being my sis...BTW - my butt looks sooo good!