Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Mama Says...


"There is no friendship, no love, like that of the parent for the child." Henery Ward Beecher

Mother's Day fell on the coat tails of our girls weekend. It took some doing but we were able to convince Meagen to join us at church. It was such a blessing because although Chris was not there, we (the Stofers, Us and Meagen) were able to pray with Randy and Dinah. We got to take some cute shots of all the kids together and with Meagen who was without her children for the day. After church, we went and had lunch and then headed home with our own crews for a restful afternoon.

Mother's Day is a strange "holiday" for me. Although I love all the little gifts and cards my children make and are so proud to give me, I rarely stop on Mother's day and think about the wonder of the four children that make up most of the chaos in my house. Usually I reserve these thoughts for each individual child and they usually hit me around their birthdays as they get one more year older and seem to need me just a little bit less. But this year, I looked at the four children and I realized God really loves me and He must really trust me (and Adam) to have given me custody of such precious beings. They amaze me wholly. And this year, I have a new appreciation for my own mom, who I do not need any less than I did at Ellie's age or even Ruthie's. I just need her differently. Happy Mother's day, Mom, Andy, Marie, Meagen, Dinah and all you other mamas reading...I know you feel so blessed to have had the privilege of raising your babies.

1 comment:

The Fo'Zaglia's said...

It was a blessing that I went, that is for sure. A very memorable Mother's Day:)