Wednesday, May 13, 2009

This is the Time...

GIRLS WEEKEND!!!! WE had the most fun! It was supposed to be a scrapbook weekend. Well, Dinah called me in the afternoon and she says, "I'm not bringing my stuff, I'm just gonna chill and I have some news." I was like , "whatever, tell me now!" and she says, ya, I think you should hear it first so she drops the bomb, "we're moving back to Alabama." "WHAT?!?" Devastating. I cried on the phone, she cried. Later, we got the other two girls picked up and hit the grocery store for our crap food. (I use that term affectionately...there was some fruit but it was out numbered by the Krispie Kremes) I cried in the grocery store. I had to wear my sunglasses because Marie and Meagen didn't know yet so Dinah turned that into a game and we were all walking through Publix with our shades on. (it was cool-at least in our minds)


We get back to our very nice 2/2 corner unit on the beach and get all the groceries unloaded and then head out to dinner...without the key to our very nice 2/2 corner unit on the beach. Of course, we didn't notice until we got back. Got the guy to come...pretty sure he was driving drunk, nice. We settle in...get all the scrapping stuff positioned, sit down to chill and Dinah drops the bomb on them. I cried, and I do mean, sobbed. Are you getting the picture? I'm gonna miss her.

So, the weekend went on, we laid on the beach, we drank daiquiris, we laid on the beach, we went out, there was a peircing, we laid on the beach, drank some more daiquiris and all too soon, it was over. I think Meagen got one page done, Marie may have finished a few. I got my book out and looked at it, then, put it away. Just being with my girls was more important. THese are the times to remember....

4 comments:

The Fo'Zaglia's said...

I love you, and I miss that weekend. It was a time to remember and I always will.

Kelli said...

We are all going to miss the McKinleys. Hats off to you girls for booking a girls' weekend and enjoying your friendship.

Dinah McKinley said...

That was the best weekend YET - remember we can still try and trump it with the future - miss u :)

Courtney said...

Those girls weekends are the best! I look forward to them every year with my girls! My last girls weekend resulted in less than a handful of scrapbook pages done too, but very eventful otherwise! Fun fun fun!