Tuesday, January 6, 2009

2009!

Whew! We made it! The holidays are over and I can say that all of my Christmas stuff is PUT AWAY! Yes, it was all packed up and put away on Sunday, a full 3 months ahead of schedule:0) If you know me, you know that I usually run a little behind getting this done...you know, you get busy, you think, tomorrow I am going to put all that away and then you don't and before you know it, it's March...no? Well, me neither although I did make it that long once, the year Flip was born. My grandmother was over one day and she said, "Where are your tubs? This is getting done today!" So, she and I did it while the little man rested in his swing. Now, I put the deed on the calender. (who likes to put it all away?) This way I can't use busy-ness as an excuse. Of course, it all went back into the attic and then I noticed that one piece was forgotten...this year it is our little counter that counts down to Christmas...still sitting right there by the TV. I guess I will have to stash it somewhere until next year...

We spent the new year as we have in the past with our friends, the McKinleys, Stofers, and Forzaglias. We went to dinner at Roy's. I enjoyed the meal and I think I got the vote for picking the best dishes for each course (except desert, I picked a cheese sampler...who knew there were so many disgusting cheeses?). After dinner, we went back to Mike and Marie's house to watch the ball drop. Adam and I had had some late nights so we cut out right after midnight...woke up leisurely, and then joined our kids over at my mom's house for a New Year's meal, some Wii, and some fire works! 2009, Yahoo!

2009! 2009! 2009! Really? 2009? I just can't believe it is 2009!

7 comments:

The Fo'Zaglia's said...

I'm so proud of you getting your stuff put away so soon:) I'm working on mine now. Although I do have an excuse! I just got home Sunday. Who are those sexy chicks?

Kasjaniuk said...

Tell me about it ... hot stuff, ladies.

www.adventureswithaidan.org said...

It's fun to get it all out and then it is really nice to put it all away again. . .I always have a piece or two of something that gets stashed in a drawer until next year!!! This year it is one of the Father Frosts we bought in Russia!

Carey and Norman said...

I've enjoyed catching up. My sidebar hadn't updated your blog account since the beginning of December, so I'm sorry I haven't responded. I've had time to go back and read all your posts.

So glad that you had a fun Christmas. I loved the photo of Ellie on her tricycle. Too cute. What a little doll. So glad to hear that your other children are doing so well in school. I laughed at the art trouble. How do they grade art? I'm sure some famous painters would have failed art in school too :o)

Looking to sharing 2009 with you and your family through your blog. I cannot wait to read about your trips to Disney. How fun to get tickets for each of your birthdays. We too hope to make it to Disney this year or Spring 2010. There is a chance Norman will have a conference in January 2010 with a paid hotel, so we may wait until then to come. Who knows.......

Happy New Year and Merry Russian Christmas!!

Kelli said...

You gals look gorgeous. Glad you rang in the New Year with style. Sounds like fun!

Unknown said...

we is some hot chics ya'know!

Beth Laster Photography said...

You gals look amazing!! Sounds like you started the New Year right!