Thursday, June 12, 2008

Friends of a Feather...

I have been wanting to do a post of all the people we were so privileged to have met while on our Journey to Ellie...I cannot possibly put into words what the support of our chat group has been for us. I could never describe how special it is to meet the people you have been praying with for months and to do it all the way across the world...to share just this one little thing of loving a child you have never met. So, without further ado, I dedicate this post and this song to my prayer warriors and to all those families who are now home with their children...Thank you, Father.




Ms. Christi Hicks, FC and dear friend. Congrats on your recent nuptials:0)











John, Debbie and their little punkin, Noelle...thanks, Deb for traveling on trip two with me and for being a source of calm and comfort!













Tim and Deb & Eli...Thanks, Deb for being such an encouragement..it really is your spiritual gift!










Greg and Jeanette & Thomas and Andrey...Thanks Jeanette, for keeping it real!













Alex the MOE, and Marina, Our Translator for the MOE and court.








Sherri and Natalie...Thanks, Sherri for passing on all your "in region knowledge" and other various items while at the hotel but mostly for your prayer before court.










Serge and Yelena, Our Facilitators in region...they were awesome!











Galina, Orphange director: She took such wonderful care of our daughter for the first two years of her life...I will forever be grateful to her and her staff.








Dwayne and Jessica & their two little guys, Jude and Luke...thanks for hanging and sharing a meal!


Gary and Windy & Carter...thanks for sharing your movies and for always being willing to venture out!





Ben and Melissa, and Donna and John...so nice to meet you and get "medicals" together...good times!











Pat and Stacy and the ever spirited Aiden...I cannot say just thank you to the people who were with us from the time we landed, through every moment of visitation, at almost every meal for 28 days until we touched down in Atlanta with our children...You guys will always be so special...





There are so many others still in the process and some that went before us that have been part of our prayers and have prayed for us, offered comfort and valuable advice through email blogs, or on the phone...I thank you and I continue to lift you up and remember your children daily.

5 comments:

Sherri said...

So grateful to have shared the journey with you!!
Thanks for all the inside scoops!!

www.adventureswithaidan.org said...

I have tears in my eyes! You all are soo special to us as well! I don't think we could have made it without you all. May I have a copy of the picture you posted of us in Atlanta? I love it!

Carey and Norman said...

What a nice tribute to all the people who have helped you along your journey. Very sweet.

Loved the Good Girl post. Too cute!!

Deb said...

What a journey full of wonderful people. I think that's what I have enjoyed so much about the adoption journey. The people I have met along the way that made it so much easier to bare.

Grandma Andie said...

And...I will repeat something I said from long ago, when this all began..You wonderful folks who are blogging your experiences, not only have kept all of us who love you in the "loop" and given us specifics for our prayers, you have answered our prayers, as well. I, for one, have noticed how you have turned this maligned internet into a beacon. Thank you for spreading His love to us all. God Bless you all.