Monday, June 9, 2008

Boring.

Our coming out photo...
(is it crooked?)
Announcing the new and improved
Jerger Family!



Hmmm...where to begin...I guess with the bad news. My friend and fellow adoptive mother, Stacy has forwarded on to me the web site where I can have my blog published. I have spent several hours (only my spare time...lol) over the last week piddling with my blog book and finally ordered my 2007 blog entries in book format. It will be here in the next week or so...so, I will let you know how it turns out. The bad news? Well, as it turns out, the web site allows you to upload additional photos to your blog entries and it has several layouts along with fonts, colored and themed backgrounds etc...still wondering about the bad news? Drum roll please...this could in fact be the end of my scrap booking days...eeek! This is probably only bad news to a few of you:0)


Ellie had her first appointment with our local pediatrician on Friday...she had a wonderful check up and then received her first four vaccinations. It went well although I know that she remembered the blood draw from NC because as soon as I took her arm into "the hold," she started to cry...bless her little heart. Our Doc was very impressed with her language development and that helped to put my mind at ease. oh, and she gained a pound since we brought her home...yay!


Friday night, Flip had a little singing deal at the preschool. It was just the six of us and since he is not one of the graduates, we got to take off right after...whew. He did a great job singing and did all the motions with the music. It is funny to see him be so enthusiastic about it because Rusty hates singing on stage but loves the practice time...I think Flip just loves the attention! Still, they sing one song, Just One Small Voice and I cry every year!


On Saturday, we took the kids swimming and the 6 of us again just spent some good quality time playing in the water and relaxing by the pool. My mom is out of town so we are taking advantage of her back yard. On Sunday, Ellie spent the whole time at church in her class:0) She cried when we left her which although that is sad for her...made us feel great and when I picked her up, she was standing at the door waiting...yep, one of those kids...as soon as the first mom shows up, they stand around waiting for a glimpse of their own mommy. Her teacher told me she cried a bit here and there...especially if she saw a woman with long brown hair walk by the door. When I pick her up, she yelled, "Mommy!" So, I think the attachment thing has kicked in.


Last night, I went with some ladies from my church to a Chonda Pierce show. If you haven't seen this woman, you should and I will leave it at that.


This morning, Ruthie and Rusty started camp and poor little Rust, he is my shy guy and he didn't know any one...after a little coaxing, I convinced him to stay through lunch and to call me if he was having absolutely NO FUN AT ALL...no calls yet:0) As for me, I am hoping to get our announcements out this week, get caught up on my job, finally get my office organized and plan Ellie's belated birthday/welcome to the states 4th of July bash!

Wow! This is a boring post!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nope, no end to the scrapbooking...you'll just have to bring your laptop for the "scrapbook extravaganzas".Anyway I know you are a "little" behind. Ha
Love,
Margaret

Kelli said...

Okay, so LOVE your family picture!!! A few questions...um, how do you get a book from your blog? I MUST do this and yes, that might mean a lull in scrapbooking...oh dear! Also, I know you work from home. What exactly do you do my dear? I'm curious. Last thing, are there any details to the 4th of July/Ellie's birthday party gathering yet? We'd love to come. My e-mail is
we4bates@tampabay.rr.com if you'd rather e-mail me.
Kelli

The Fo'Zaglia's said...

Love the family picture and it was not a boring post at all. I love hearing about your "day to day" because I'm so far away (quite the poet)! And, you will stop scrapbooking, over my DEAD body...end of story!!! Toodles:)

Meagen

Grandma Andie said...

Hey, I've got an idea.... just add another hour to your day...what is a little sleep, when scrapbooking is at risk :)

Kasjaniuk said...

HA! In your dreams ... you just started this blog, my dear. You've got YEARS to catch up :) Let's see ... baby books, how many of those do you have done? And Ellie's princess album?

See ya in October :) :) :)

Heather Brandt said...

I love all the photos! I'm glad you all are doing well :)

heather brandt

www.adventureswithaidan.org said...

You guys look great! I can't wait to work on my blog book. . .this weekend!!! Now that I'm back to work--the death grip around the neck from Aidan at drop off was torture. . .I hope to stop crying soon.