Wednesday, April 15, 2009

More on Easter.



There was a lot more to Easter than Ruthie's Baptism. After the beach, we went home so She and Adam could shower and we all put our Easter clothes on. This was Ellie's first Easter so I was excited for her to see her basket but we held to our usual Easter and Christmas morning rules in which we focus on Christ first. So, when everyone was ready, I took them all out front and posed them in their Easter clothes in front of the usual Gardenia bush which is blooming right now.


Getting my pictures of the kids is always such a chore. Rusty can't look into the sun and Flip is a total pain with it...I usually have to threaten him into submission and this morning was no different. I think he is finally realizing that if he just gives me what I want and I get one or two good shots he can get it over with and retreat back into whatever world he lives in when he is not actively engaged with the rest of us homo-sapiens. Ellie and Ruthie are as usual perfect for the camera.


So, we head to church where we were joined by my parents. Adam's mom & grandpa and my grandmother. After we went to lunch with everyone and then headed home to get into our Easter baskets! And then...the egg hunt! Ellie got into this like you would not believe! I did it a little different this year...each kid had to find their own eggs and if they came across someone else's, they had to leave it and couldn't say anything...of course, there was some cheating. Their father was probably the worst offender of the rule...perhaps I should have hidden some eggs for him as well...all in all it was one of my top 6 days right up there with the day I got married, the 3 days I birthed my children and the day we brought our daughter across an ocean to her home with her family. He IS risen...and all for ME!

5 comments:

Kelli said...

Amen!

www.adventureswithaidan.org said...

Life is good with Him in control!!! Aidan loved hunting for eggs, too. . .I am pretty sure they have never done anything like that before! The kids look fantastic. God bless.

Kasjaniuk said...

That gorgeous little blonde has the longest eyelashes! And I can't blame Adam ... I love hunting Easter eggs!

The Fo'Zaglia's said...

Like weeds I tell ya... they are getting so big.

Grandma Andie said...

Great pictures, beautiful "chillins'"... Hunting eggs was always right up there with actually coloring them..Do they still make PAAS???