Saturday, November 1, 2008

A Happy Halloween



Disclaimer: You are probably looking for pictures of my children in their costumes...You will have to check your mail box in about a month or so...there will be no sneak peek this year...you will have to wait for the Christmas card and if you aren't on my Christmas list and you are a regular reader, and you want to be, just email me! Also, I apologise in advance for all the run-on sentences in this post...


Flip went to school with a costume in hand...not THE costume but Robin from last year. I called the director and begged her to take some pictures of him with his friends for me...It is the "third child syndrome" and my guilt was running high...Of course I scrap booked every breath Ruthie took and every other breath Rusty took...so, Flip...poor guy...I am just so crazy busy now with four to keep up with and I am at the school once a week and nearly every holiday plus field trips that I rarely get over to the preschool. Anyway, she promised to take some pictures of him doing his thing and I will post those when she emails them to me.

I went to school with Rusty on Friday. Ellie got her own little desk next to him for all the fun. Each child had their own pumpkin for some estimation and experimentation and when all that was finished, we carved them...we meaning me and one other lady. I figure I carved about 12 pumpkins all total this Halloween. My hand and shoulder are quite sore and if you are wondering why my shoulder is sore, you try carving 12 pumpkins! In addition to all that fun, we also made caramel apples in Rusty's class..yum! Mine had caramel, chocolate chips and coconut and Rusty left his plain and just dropped a few sprinkles on it between bites...hmmm...I have not actually eaten a caramel apple in I don't know how long and let me tell you, if you haven't had one this fall...go out now, and get some caramels and some apples and make yourself one!

While Rusty was at PE and Ellie was napping on a cot in his teacher's office, I ran up to Ruthie's class to see what they were up to...they had a read-in...she got to pack a pillow and blanket and take her favorite reading material (she chose her latest American Girl mag and some joke books, plus the book she is currently reading, Shiloh) and they laid around in stocking feet only taking breaks to snack, cook and journal. Sounds like my kind of day!


At home, we rested for a bit and then ate our dinner and got costumed up. This was our first year just walking out the front door and trick-or-treating...we usually go with friends in another neighborhood. We were a little leery because a lot of the kids from our neighborhood go elsewhere. We found out that has a lot to do with the fact that the lots in our neighborhood are enormous and there is a lot of walking between front doors...we were out for about 2 hours and we had a lot of fun, just the six of us...Ellie was too cute! She got invited in to several homes and she was funny with the candy...people would hold the bowl down for her to pick and she would grab one and look up with a big smile and then grab some more. I would say, "just one, Ellie." The people at the door would say, "oh, it's ok, she can have two." She was totally working the system and is probably responsible for most of our loot.


As for Adam, every year, his department tries to come up with something silly and better than every other department...This year, they decided to dress up as the senior VP's. As a result, Adam shaved just the top of his head and left the "balding ring" (I made that up and may copy write it at a later date) around the sides. They did some silly skit and then he shaved the rest of it off...so, he's bald right now...brings back memories. By the way, Thank you Andy for the cookies and the fall arrangement. The flowers made a very nice center piece for my table this week.


We left Houser home to answer the door...


12 comments:

Matt and Carla Morgan said...

Oh my goodness! Houser is ADORABLE! That is a fantastic facial expression :)

cm

Kasjaniuk said...

I agree ... LOVE Houser's costume!!! And can't wait for my Christmas card :)

Carey and Norman said...

Love it. Houser looks great in his costume. Your husband made my day. That is hilarious. How brave is he. I would love to see the kids Halloween costumes, so I'll have to send you my address.

The Fo'Zaglia's said...

I didn't even ask what the kids were this year, so I'm excited to see the card. Send mine first:) J/K! Busy all around I see, as usual.

Grandma Andie said...

I am still giggling over Houser's costume....Salty still thinks Houser is a cow!! Know what you mean about "birth order"..Margaret has complete baby book...I have about a third..and Mim?? no book!! Ask Ellie to save a Reese's Peanut Butter Cup for her grandma...saw a bunch in the "loot"!

www.adventureswithaidan.org said...

Sounds like a grand time was had by all. . .Houser looks awesome in his sign!

Beth Laster Photography said...

HA HA HA...whew...HA HA HA...Adam looks great! Chris didn't laugh as much, probably b/c God's taking his hair in that direction!

I still have the pic of your kids from last Halloween on the fridge! Loved it!! Can't wait to see this year's!

Kelli said...

Okay, Houser gets the prize!!! :) Too cute. Looks like you guys had fun carving.

Anonymous said...

Sounds like fun as usual at your house! Olivia was the same way as Ellie - she watched her siblings at the first couple houses and then was pushing and shoving past them to get to the door first after that!

Unknown said...

omg - Houser is my favorite - i can't stop laughing!

Anonymous said...

I can't get over Houser...I check the blog a couple times a day, just to laugh at Houser again.
Margaret

Unknown said...

That picture of Houser is so stinkin' hilarious! I am still laughin'