Sunday, November 9, 2008

Why did God invent mommies?

Happy Birthday Andy!


Rusty had his last flag football game this weekend and got a little medal...yay! I had Ruthie at the gym most of the morning for lessons...we spent the afternoon chilling out, watching football and getting some stuff done around the house. Today we went to Toys R Us to make Christmas lists and I made the ginormous mistake of not bringing extra shoes...I had to walk around the store for 2.5 hours wearing my shoes from church...yikes!


This year's lists are kind of interesting...Ruthie is in that in between phase where she wants to be a big girl but some of the little kid things still pull her. Rusty wants only video games and nascar stuff. Flip is all over the map and Ellie really has no clue what Christmas is so I helped her with her list and I am so excited to see her on Christmas morning. Anyway, I am in the process of putting their wish lists online for their grandparents...


This just in...I am training for a half marathon: 13.1 miles in...ouch! I downloaded a training plan online and starting tomorrow I am going to be stickin' to it! My race is in March so, if you don't mind sending me some encouragement every once in a while, I would love it!



I leave you with this: Why did God invent mommies?


Ruthie: "Why are you asking me? To take care of their kids, I guess...so they don't die right away."


Rusty: "I don't know, why do you want me to do this?"


Flip: "So they could love little boys with hugs and kisses."

5 comments:

The Fo'Zaglia's said...

My kids aren't getting anything for Christmas this year, we decided to boycott the holiday all togther! J/K but it's a nice thought.

www.adventureswithaidan.org said...

I love Flip's response about Mommies! I can't wait for Aidan to ge up Christmas morning and experience things. I am expecting/planning on about 50 meltdowns that day, but it will all be fun!

Grandma Andie said...

Thank you! I absolutely love the answers..the two older ones answered the why question with "whys" of their own.. Give Flip an extra hug for me...
GOOD ANSWER!! Love to all of you!

Kasjaniuk said...

Oh my gosh, I am so jealous! I want to train with you :(

Unknown said...

Love Rusty's answer - he is so "me"!