Monday, September 8, 2008

Ellie Pretty?

Not too much out of the ordinary happening around here. We stayed busy this past week with life. On Saturday, we watched football and on Sunday, we went to church...Adam and I had our week with the twos. It is always a joy...I usually go in thinking, "man, I have nursery today...I always leave feeling blessed...there are some really sweet kids in there...including our Ellie. After church we, meaning, I decided we wanted to get Ellie's ears pierced. She was really excited! She just didn't know what she was so excited about!











Cautiously optimistic.













This is not what I signed on for.










A lolly-pop can cure anything!








Ok, so, she didn't love it! She hated it...for about 3 minutes she thought we were torturing her. Then she got a lolly-pop and all her worries seemed for naught. It was funny because when we got Ruthie's ears pierced, she was 6 months old and we were first time parents. I wanted to hold her because I didn't want her to see me when the pain hit...this time Adam wanted to hold Ellie so that she would have to look at me while the pain was brutally inflicted upon her ear lobes...I'm pretty sure you can see whose arms she is in...but she got her lolly-pop and Daddy whisked her up into his arms and she looked at him and asked, "Daddy? Ellie pretty?" Oh yes, little girl, you are beautiful!

9 comments:

Michael, Carrie, and S said...

I agree! She is such a beautiful little girl-and look at those eyelashes! She won't ever need mascara on those pretty eyes! I'm glad she is doing well!

JennyM said...

Girl, you'd better start building a moat for that little one of yours. Those eyelashes and eyes are going to break a lot of hearts over the years. Glad to know you all are doing well. :0)

www.adventureswithaidan.org said...

Okay. Tearing up here! I'll have to try the lolly pop trick for Aidan's surgery. . .ok, it might take a little more! : )

Ellie truly is beautiful!

Kelli said...

I love how you put "I decided WE wanted to get Ellie's ears pierced". :) She looks just darling with her new earrings. Thanks again for serving in nursery today!

The Fo'Zaglia's said...

Emotional, Hello!!!

Unknown said...

Yes, Ellie VERY pretty!

Kasjaniuk said...

A little pain and she is even more beautiful ... is that possible?

Kasjaniuk said...

Oh my goodness ... I just turned on the volume and LOVE the song :)

Carey and Norman said...

What a beautiful little girl. And, yes, Ellie...you are very pretty!