Sunday, August 17, 2008

In Stitches

We had a good weekend...we meaning, I. I had my first break from the kids since we have been home from Russia. Women of Faith were in Tampa this weekend. Some girls from church went and it was a refreshing weekend filled with laughter and tears. It is always such a good time and this year it was relaxing to just just get a way for two days right before the madness of back to school begins.


On the way home on Saturday, I received a pix message from my family. It was a picture of Ruthie's forehead with a gash in it. I called Adam on his cell..."what's up?" My little gymnast was doing back flips into the pool at Nana's house and didn't quite clear the deck...so, a few hours in the emergency room and three stitches later, (picture to come) I concluded my relaxing weekend by crashing on the couch to the tune of the Olympics.




Now on our plates is weather or not our home will be under water in the next few days as Fay bears down on us. She is supposed to make landfall on Tuesday which is, in fact, the day school is supposed to start. Since we are just one block and only four feet above sea level, storm surge is in fact a real and true nightmare for us. I am having visions of my wood floors buckled and my couches floating down the street.

5 comments:

www.adventureswithaidan.org said...

You all okay? Dry, I hope! With Ruthie's head on the mend. . .
Stacy

Kelli said...

Poor Ruthie! That stinks, but it seems like she's okay. Not a DROP of rain here yesterday!!! I'll bet your rejoicing and kissing your wood floors. :)

Carey and Norman said...

Glad you had a nice weekend retreat.

We will pray for you to remain dry and safe through the storms.

Michelle said...

i was so proud of my first gymnastics injury :-P

Grandma Andie said...

Wow!! That was almost a perfect dive, Miss Ruthie..Can't wait to see you and share stories of stitches...