Thursday, August 21, 2008

Fay, and The First Day...



We had no effects at all from Fay. Just a nice overcast, somewhat breezy day...not a drop of rain and no storm surge. I'm not sure why but this storm bothered me more than any other...perhaps the thought of being cast from our home with 4 kids and a cat and dog. Not so much evacuating, but the thought of having to stay away for an extended period of time while repairs were made...trying to maintain the status quo from a hotel room or a rented apartment...We were blessed again to not have to face that reality.


We did miss the first day of school as the powers that be thought it best to postpone until Fay declared her path...So, we started Wed. instead of Tues. As usual, the first day was a mad house but the kids got the teachers we were hoping for and I feel really excited for them this year. They each have a few friends from their classes last year and their teachers are both young and enthusiastic about the start of another year. We are in uniforms this year...voluntary and I confess I was surprised to see how many kids were not wearing them! I got up and I pulled out a top and a bottom for each kid and that was that! We did spice Ruthie up a bit with some sequin tennis shoes and some scarves that match her duds...and new lunch boxes...how fun!

7 comments:

www.adventureswithaidan.org said...

I'm so glad you all made out unscathed by Fay! You have been in my prayers for a dry week. Glad the start of school was uneventful. . .I've got some time before that happens! Preschool next year, though. Miss you guys!

Susan & Phil said...

Glad y'all escaped Fay.
I like the kids' uniforms...they look good. That should make getting dressed for school each morning a little easier? Miss you all.

Sherri said...

So glad to hear that you made it through the storm without a problem!!

The Fo'Zaglia's said...

They look adorable as usual. I loved uniforms. Getting dressed now is an ordeal...

Meagen

Kasjaniuk said...

The kids look great ... can't even see the stitches!

Carey and Norman said...

Glad Fay missed you. Enjoy the first days of school. How I love fall!!

Unknown said...

it's so weird not seeing an album of all of Ruthie's new school duds! anyhow, the uniforms are cute and i am glad Ruthie found a way to be "unique" - love the shoes - gotta have a pair!