Monday, March 16, 2009

Basketball, anyone?



Dinah had it in her head to get tickets from a coworker and take ME to the SEC basketball tourney for my birthday (as a surprise). It didn't work out for her and she couldn't go but she got the tickets for me anyway (for my birthday). Good for her, because I think Adam would have killed her if I took off to watch AU basketball while he sat home with the kiddos. I decided to surprise Adam and take him. I asked him the day before if he wanted to have lunch with me and I called his boss to let her know he would not be coming back. We drove to the restaurant and just as he was about to open the door, I pulled out the tickets and asked him if would rather go there. Duh! He had been hinting about getting tickets but to be honest, basketball is about the last sport I would willingly submit to watching, next to golf. So, I brought a book with me:0)

He spent the drive over filling me in on all the senarios...yada, yada, yada. He was excited!

We sat through the first session which was two games. Surprisingly, I got into it a little bit and didn't read at all. I took pics of all the mascots and watched the coaches and cheerleaders. There is just something about being in the college sport environment. After the first session, we had a break so we walked down to some restaurants and got some dinner and then headed back to the arena for two more games. Ours was the 9:45 PM game against Florida and we were sitting in the Gator section. It was an awesome game and we won it close. So, even though we didn't make the tournament, we beat the Gators and that, my friends, is worth it!

6 comments:

The Fo'Zaglia's said...

How nice of you to surprise Adam for your Birhtday:) Looks like good times!

Kelli said...

You two look sooo cute! Glad you had fun and happy belated birthday!

Susan & Phil said...

Looks like y'all had fun!

Go Tarheels (we just won the championship tonight!)

Love you,
Dad & Susan

Chris Goeppner said...

How fun and yay, you beat the Gators!;)

Dinah McKinley said...

War Eagle!!! Hey girlie! Blog looks good - hadn't checked it since AWANA games - I am such a slacker!

Carey and Norman said...

What a fun weekend! This looked like so much fun and the types of weekends I like to have!!

Happy Belated Birthday!