Monday, July 21, 2008

If Wishes were Garages....

We have the stomach flu...good times...it started with Flip on Thursday...He threw up in the pool at swimming lessons...SWEET! He seemed fine all day Friday and then Saturday night...we'll just say his digestive track was completely emptied at about 10pm. Yesterday, I kept him home from church...you guys can all thank me for that later:0) This morning we woke up and today it is Ruthie's turn...I figure by the end of this week, we will all have paid homage to the privy.


It is stinkin' hot! I mean I seriously don't even want to go outside...forget about loading and unloading groceries. We have been hitting the high nineties nearly every day and with all the rain, the humidity has been unbearable. Speaking of rain...we have been having torrential down pours lately. The other day, I needed to load the kids into the car to take Ruthie to the gym and it was coming down like mad...as I ran out carrying Ellie and then positioned the car so the other three could run out and get in quickly without hopping into puddles, I thought, MAN, it would sure be nice to have a garage!


Then I came home and sitting by the front door in our formal living room is the very nice, very expensive road bike that Adam borrowed from his boss. We can't put it in the shed, it leaks. And so as I looked at it leaning against my furniture, I thought, MAN, it would sure be nice to have a garage!


Then I walked into my room where Adam has been working on base board and crown moulding and I see the huge saw that is necessary for cutting the angles...all around it is saw dust...we can't put it in the shed, it leaks...have I mentioned that? and I couldn't help it, I thought, MAN, it would sure be nice to have a garage.




I wish I had a garage!




Ps...this song goes out to my momma...because I know it always puts her in a good mood.




7 comments:

Kasjaniuk said...

If you figure out how to make that wish come true ... let me know. I want a garage too!!!

Unknown said...

u can use my garage :)

The Fo'Zaglia's said...

Yeah, having a garage is nice. Although I don't park in it. But it sure holds all our junk nicely:) It's in 100's here! Not as muggy as FL muggy but hot enough to keep my butt inside.

Susan & Phil said...

We have a garage...don't keep the car in it but it's good for holding other stuff.
It's 8:30pm here in Oregon and it's 70 degrees with a cool breeze and no humidity. It's so stinking nice outside, we don't want to go inside!

www.adventureswithaidan.org said...

We have a garage. . .it has tools, Aidan toys, and a Corvette in it that never moves! It's a two car garage that I haven't been able to use for months! Sure would be nice to use it. . .

Wring yourself out and drink some ice cold lemonade! That's what I'm doing! Only way to survive. . not to mention the movie I play a lot these days: The Day After Tomorrow!

Journey of Faith said...

Praying for a garage for you!!!

Unknown said...

hey, this song always puts me in a good mood too! and, thanks to Tricia, I am HOOKED on Michael Buble now, so you will be hearing a lot of him on my blog, i'm sure!